Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Facebook friends not showing on map

Post by deeggo
I'm curious if other people have encountered the same.

My wife and I would always see each other on the map, while driving. We both have Android phones. Some time ago, she finally linked Waze to her facebook account, and now we both correctly show up in each other's friends list in the app. However, we almost never can find each other driving on the map.

99 out of 100 times we don't see each other, although we now where we both approximately are, so we can search on a very specific part of the map. Other users show up fine, that's not the problem. I know only part of the users show up on the screen, to not clutter the map, but this is weird. With her connecting to FB it went from always to practically never. Whereas I would be above averagely interested in the whereabouts of my FB friends.

We both haven't ticked the invisible mode setting and no, we're not having marital problems :lol:
deeggo

POSTER_ID:214880

Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by Brshk1
Yes, it is not the smartest move. You can know when one of your friends is driving. You just need a second device with another account to locate him. So, from a privacy point of view, it is mainly useless.

As usual, the answer is... give more options to the user so that all these preferences can be configured to everybody's likings.
Brshk1
Send a message
CM Spain & GC|| Xiaomi Mi A1 / 9.0 stock || Waze: latest

(Beti berandu!!!).

Post by deeggo
According to brshk1 this is a feature. You're only shown on the map when you're very close to each other.

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 99#p331199

Isn't that just stupid? Showing me where the whole world is, except for my friends?
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
And your friend would need a second device too, to locate you. Good day for the smartphone business :lol:

For now I'll ask my wife to disconnect her Waze from FB. It both adds and removes functionality, the latter not being a good thing.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
My recent experience is different from say two months ago. My wife disconnected here waze client from FB in order to see each other on the map. This works fine. However, since a few weeks I see her on the map WITH her Facebook picture. I also see her in My Friends list. Am I experiencing a nice glitch in the system or is anyone else seeing this?
deeggo
Send a message

Post by deeggo
Do you mean the city in general, or the city when you are actually in it? The former would even be more absurd.

So we both have different experiences, both different from how it is intended to work and did in the beginning.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by DimanZ1
I believe that this feature all the spoils. Contrary to all users interested in quickly to find friends on the map. Now I have to remove all the friends from FB to see them on the map.
DimanZ1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
[img]https:///ZhLdc[/img][img]https:///EcBKq[/img]
350K km with Waze
Country Manager Russia

DimanZ1
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
[img]https:///ZhLdc[/img][img]https:///EcBKq[/img]
350K km with Waze
Country Manager Russia

Post by petervdveen
deeggo wrote:My recent experience is different from say two months ago. My wife disconnected here waze client from FB in order to see each other on the map. This works fine. However, since a few weeks I see her on the map WITH her Facebook picture. I also see her in My Friends list. Am I experiencing a nice glitch in the system or is anyone else seeing this?
I can see my wife only when driving in our city. As soon as she leaves the city she dissapeares.
Luckely google latitude still works ;-)

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation Z710e met Tapatalk
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux

Post by petervdveen
When I'm at home and my wife is driving away, as soon as she passes or enters the highway outside the city the icon disappears.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux