Waze Windshield Mount

Post by benjellos
I must say, the Waze mount is useless. God awful. Suction is the worse and I can't get it to grab anything. Anyone else have that problem? Waze should be ashamed. I know it's $5 but it's the principle of standing by your product.
benjellos

POSTER_ID:3813476

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I used mine for well over a year before it started giving me trouble with the release switch. Well worth $5.

Tapatalk made me do it.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by bgodette
Other than the length of the gooseneck I was rather impressed with it compared to the much more expensive bracketron mount that I use (because it's gooseneck is exactly the right length). The cup was bigger and the locking mechanism better. I could see the spring loaded phone grips being an issue eventually however.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by CBenson
No problem with the suction for me. Has held for many months.
My issue is that the foam holders on the front are just at the level of the menu and report buttons on my phone. I find it very difficult to actually hit the report button. Usually waze thinks I'm trying to slide the button rather than tap it. (If I could get the ASR to recognize anything I say maybe this wouldn't bug me so much, but alas . . . .)
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by floppyrod84
The plastic click holder things have disintegrated on mine but it still holds in place...just.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Benjellos wrote:I must say, the Waze mount is useless. God awful. Suction is the worse and I can't get it to grab anything. Anyone else have that problem? Waze should be ashamed. I know it's $5 but it's the principle of standing by your product.
I've been using mine for over a year without much problem. I did have to take it apart and remove the spring, but other than that, no problem.

You do realize that the suction mount has a mechanical "switch" on it that locks it into place? Prior to a trip I took last week that required a rental car, mine had been suctioned onto my windshield since July of last year.

Also, note that these exact same mounts are available at Best Buy (with a different company logo in the little slot) for $19.99.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I used mine for well over a year before it started giving me trouble with the release switch. Well worth $5.
Yeah, that's why I removed the spring in mine...now I just keep it in a position where it holds my phone but can still be pulled out easily. I don't adjust the width at all anymore.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message