These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Kobayashi_Maru
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
dmcconachie wrote:
Wajo357 wrote:Even though I don't use foursquare, I'm going to ask it because I know it will come eventually. Did the feature go away or is it hidden somewhere else?
Navigate to your destination then it's one of the buttons on the new arrival toolbar that pops up.
It's also under Main menu->Friends->On the way (not exactly intuitively located, but at least Friends and 4sq are "social" and so somewhat related. :))
I don't think we should have to go from a feature that worked to a feature we have to settle on as being mediocre at best. If it's a real estate issue in the app navigation, why would you take out a SOCIAL connector for an app that prides itself on creating a SOCIAL community? Next thing you know, Facebook will follow suit and phase out the ability for someone to comment on a friend's post :).
Kobayashi_Maru
Send a message

Post by Kobayashi_Maru
davipt wrote:
mjt543 wrote:I'm going to add the +1Million for adding back the dedicated Foursquare checkin button. If Waze is supposed to create as hands-free of a navigation app as possible, why make me punch three or four times to get to that feature, and even then, it's so far from the Foursquare-style checkin option we saw in previous Waze versions.
Waze is a navigation app, not a foursquare app. The foursquare checkin is still there, but exactly where it's meant to be - available only when you reach your destination, or available when you want to *share* your destination.
Life might be a journey, but easily documenting arrival at your destination has always been nice. Since Waze seems to want to brand its app as much as a social tool as a navigation one (i.e., social integration, Map Chat, navigation share), seems keeping the destination-specific social features more prominently featured over those like Map Chat (that I should probably avoid using while I'm navigating anyway) would be part of that branding strategy.
Kobayashi_Maru
Send a message

Post by kodi75
While navigating to a location, I selected "refresh map of my area" under Settings -> Advanced -> Data Transfer (the map had old city-name "smudges"). Afterwards the app stops navigating & have to reset the destination. Is this a bug?

Android 2.3.7
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
I did not notice this in the Beta, but doing a category search will show random centered result headings instead of being left aligned for a few of the results when you check other result providers and then return to a previously selected provider, i.e. get results, go to Foursquare tab, then Google tab and back to Foursquare tab.
This seems always true for #1 in the list, more random further down the list.
Screenshot_2013-03-01-20-18-03.png
(93.02 KiB) Downloaded 733 times
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
petervdveen wrote:Missing button:
Normal text for that should only be 3 lines on screen. Is the 4 th line of text not pushing the button down outside the box ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Mike-1323 wrote: I've toggled this in several of the beta and app store versions and have never seen the coordinates displayed. I keep trying it in the hope that it will actually do something.
When you have a GPS lock, the coordinates should be shown in the top status line as in the screenshot.
The GPS.Show GPS is likely more useful for a visual cue as to where Waze is tracking you vs your coordinates, also visible as the small triangle near the car icon in the screenshot.

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Perlin,

Could I suggest that you split the Localized 'Camera' text for the Report Menu Icon from the text used in the Report Camera screen.
This way the Report Camera Screen heading could be set as default to "Fixed Camera", which would likely have new Wazers stop & think twice before simply popping yet another camera on the map when they attempt to report a speed trap.

The Note for the blurb that indicates it must be approved in the editor first is about as big as the fine print in contracts that nobody reads, but should ...
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Twister_UK wrote:... every time I'd like to be able to rotate the map view to an arbitrary angle, the two-finger-twist gesture resolutely refuses to do anything other than occasionally zoom in or out.
This stopped working in the betas already on my HTC, and I did mention that. On my son's Samsung P1000 tablet it works like a charm, no sweat.

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
a4bolek wrote:I have one of those on may way home. It's an error in routing algorithm not the client. There used to be an option in the client called "Minimize Turns". It worked, then it was completely ignored then removed. It is supposedly built into the routing algorithm. No, it is not.
Those specific intersections have some reverse connectivity and the named segment of Village View Parkway is not unnamed & below 15m for NA ( 10m for ROTW ) as per suggestions to avoid u-turns.

You can also explicitly set the turn restrictions on this to avoid u-turns if not allowed, as it's just a single sided segment, not a road crossing the dualed section of N Shiloh Rd both sides.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Keihin wrote:When initiating a drive daytime, the auto mode does not manage to switch to night mode when the sun sets.
I don't see it mentioned in this thread if I search , but it will switch only if Waze is started within 30 minutes of sunrise or sunset. It was acknowledged in the beta threads and Perlin did say it will be discussed with the developers for possible change in an upcoming version.

As asked, could you verify if the recent change for daylight savings in most countries affected this, or is the 30 minutes still valid?

Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius