[Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.6 (20140202)

Postby doctorkb » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:02 pm

Ok, so loading them both via a CRX solves it.

When I load just WMET with the CRX, the problem remains.

An additional indication when the panning is messed up: the city name in the dark grey box (upper left of map) doesn't seem to ever fill in. I'm not sure what loading is getting hung up.
Waze Global Champ
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:22 pm

I had the same issue with Chrome+TM on Windows.

When I moved both URO+ and WMET to be Chrome CRX extensions, everything worked correctly.

So... it seems there may still be some interaction issues when using the TM/GM interface to the browser.
Waze Global Champ
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Calgary, AB; Maui, HI; and various places in between
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Yes, kmph is NOT appropriate -- kph is an accepted abbreviation, but not preferred. km/h is the preferred abbreviation (and what we see on signs here in Canada).
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:21 pm

foxitrot wrote:
doctorkb wrote:... kph is an accepted abbreviation, ...

It depends heavily on for whom. I'd bet for those living outside of the Imperial part of the world it surely is not - it does not even mention the kilometers.

According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilometres_per_hour):
"For example, news organisations such as Reuters[24] and The Economist[25] require "kph"."

Also, for understanding vernacular -- Google it. "kmph" doesn't show anything about km/h on the first page. "kph" does.

I'm not arguing *for* kph -- just that it's better than kmph... of course km/h trumps them all.
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby doctorkb » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:51 pm

Twister: you're welcome to request an AM area in Canada -- I would wholeheartedly support that for your ongoing development...
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.7 (20140330)

Postby doctorkb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:23 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Twister-UK wrote:With thanks again to Alan for the use of his test account, and with no thanks whatsoever (yet) again to the Waze coders for another seemingly pointless shuffling around of stuff URO+ hooks into, 3.7 has now been set free...

Sure is nice being able to filter out the closed URs and MPs. The map is no much less cluttered without that there.

Ditto. That is an awesome feature.

If I had to suggest one refinement to it: ability to filter all those closed *by me* (and leave all others visible).
Waze Global Champ
ImageImage
doctorkb
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.4 (20140106)

Postby elljay23 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:09 pm

Just a "me too" for not being about to hide URs in latest Chrome (31.0.1650.63 m) and URO+ 3.4 with the latest make over of public WME.
AM for: Crawley to Fletching, West Sussex | Around the Berks/Hants/Surrey borders | M1 corridor, Towcester to Loughborough
elljay23

Re: [Script] UROverview Plus v3.5 (20140111)

Postby elljay23 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:52 pm

Woohoo, it works again! Thanks! :D
AM for: Crawley to Fletching, West Sussex | Around the Berks/Hants/Surrey borders | M1 corridor, Towcester to Loughborough
elljay23

Re: UROverview script - v1.3

Postby foxitrot » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:23 am

pvaladares wrote:It would be excellent if you could display the UR in the livemap.

I doubt this would be possible (except that a WME in another tab would be used to scan for UR+PR+Cams and the script would tunnel its data into LiveMap). It just uses the related data being read by WME and I suspect that LiveMap does not contain any bit of it.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] UROverview v1.12 (20121205)

Postby foxitrot » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:29 am

lopaolo69 wrote:Just a little question: is it possible to show the userid of the "urequester"?

Unfortunately it is unknown. We are asking Waze to reveal it (or let us at least communicate with him, while keeping him "hidden").
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts