The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Underground car parks

Post by zerkms
Guys, how do you deal with underground car parks? Would you just draw some area on the ground even though there is no parking on the ground?
zerkms

POSTER_ID:14710062

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I have seen this done, yes. It can be confusing to untrained editors, though. It may be better to just have a parking lot landmark with few segments as the GPS reception under there is near useless.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Daknife
Are you talking plot roads or landmark? We are not marking most parking lots with landmarks. Parking lots/car parks should be identified in foursquare which feeds the [P] icons to Waze.

I don't mark underground lots except maybe a short entrance/exit plot segment at appropriate locations but then only if I'm seeing URs or other routing issues due to the lack of such segments.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by zerkms
daknife wrote:Are you talking plot roads or landmark? We are not marking most parking lots with landmarks. Parking lots/car parks should be identified in foursquare which feeds the [P] icons to Waze.

I don't mark underground lots except maybe a short entrance/exit plot segment at appropriate locations but then only if I'm seeing URs or other routing issues due to the lack of such segments.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Could you please point to a particular park so that I could get the idea how to deal with that in a conventional way?
zerkms
Send a message