Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Removing destinations in Navigate Screen - Android

Post by shackcf
Android version 3.6.0.0 - Need a little advice/guidance here.

I have removed old destinations from the favorites area but they still appear on the Navigate screen. I tried clearing the application Cache (application management) , no luck. I restarted the phone just for fun and rechecked, still there. Next I cleared the data which of course cleared all of the login and preferences but it did remove the old favorites from the Navigate screen. Seems a bit extreme to go through this but my newly loaded favorite were there and the old ones were still gone. So that worked out.

Now what did miss? How can the old destinations be removed from the Navigate screen short of a reinitialize? Perhaps this is a future feature?

Thanks
Carl
shackcf

POSTER_ID:10983841

Send a message

Post by a4bolek
Jagotjoo wrote:When I tap the i, there is no option to delete it, only Drive, Add to Favorites or More. And More gives only the options Set as start, Show on Map or Share Location.

Waze is not an app to use during those difficult husband/wife, girlfriend/boyfriend transitions ;)

The only way to clear up History is to uninstall, wipe waze folder and re-install from scratch. Wipe offending entries in Favorites beforehand.
a4bolek
Send a message
Hardware:
Nexus 6P Android 7.0
Nexus 5X Android 6.01
Nexus 10 Android 6.01
Waze 4.6.0.1

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
On iOS, tap the little (i) on the right side then tap the Remove button. This works for removing history items.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Jagotjoo wrote:When I tap the i, there is no option to delete it, only Drive, Add to Favorites or More. And More gives only the options Set as start, Show on Map or Share Location.
Bummer.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
They're no longer favourites, that's your history.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by Jagotjoo
When I tap the i, there is no option to delete it, only Drive, Add to Favorites or More. And More gives only the options Set as start, Show on Map or Share Location.
Jagotjoo
Send a message
Jago

Post by jmonsalvcl
Hi,
as a workaround you can remove/rename the file named history located under the waze directory of your device.
The bad thing is that you will need to redefine your favorites.

Regards
jmonsalvcl
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
jmonsalvcl wrote:Hi,
as a workaround you can remove/rename the file named history located under the waze directory of your device.
The bad thing is that you will need to redefine your favorites.
The annoying bit for most people is that they appear in the recent list, not the favourites.
If you delete the history file, you can restore it from the server by doing a navigation search for ##@restorefav. You will be prompted if you want it restored or not.
The favorites should remain intact, but the recent history should be cleared, with only home and work in the list.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing