Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Entering gas prices

Post by MJepson
When at a gas station, i tried to enter gas prices, but LPG is cheaper and only has 3 digits (i.e. 0.759 EUR). When I entered 759, it accepted it as 7.590 EUR. The client should add leading zeroes, not trailing, as it resulted in a wrong price.
The second problem was that the software didn't accept the prices (it said they were invalid, luckily), but when I changed it, the client kept on saying the price was wrong. As a result, I gave up and drove off, without updating prices.

But the main idea is to have the software accept less digits, but always accept them as the LAST digits of the price, not the FIRST.
MJepson

POSTER_ID:14664651

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
What happens if you enter a decimal first?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by MJepson
On my phone it seemed to ignore any decimal points. Might have been just me, as I was trying to enter it in a hurry (I had someone behind me waiting).
But still it would make more sense to interpret 759 as 0.759 rather than 7.590.

Too bad I can't try to alter it afterwards, as you can only enter it while at the gas station. Would be good to have an option to enter prices for a gas station you have just been to, since you can find it on the receipt.
MJepson
Send a message