Post by doctorkb
shirlig: There are two other Lethbridge county entries that need to go:
Lethbridge County
County of Lethbridge

adetia:
Lethbridge, Alberta should now be eradicated. I'll check back tomorrow (after the map update) to make sure. Please ensure any new street names just use "Lethbridge".

I wasn't able to find any that included Canada -- if you come across those, go ahead and change them -- if you need help (like if there are a number of them, or they're locked) please let me know.
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by invented
District of Thunder Bay
District of Kenora
District of Sudbury
District of Cochrane
District of Algoma
District of Nipissing
District of Rainy River
District of Timiskaming

these are actual places.

Also, can you remove "Unknown" from the map completely.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
How about fixing these problems.
invented
Send a message
Attachments

Post by invented
sagi wrote:Hey guys,
Let me reply to some of your questions.
invented wrote:Also, can you remove "Unknown" from the map completely.
We've eliminated the "Unknown" city last week. It might take a while to trinkle down to the live map / client map, but the editor should no longer be showing this at all. Please let us know if you notice otherwise.. Alternatively if this removal causes editing problems, please let us know as well.
Thanks!
invented
Send a message

Post by james8970
invented wrote:District of Thunder Bay
District of Kenora
District of Sudbury
District of Cochrane
District of Algoma
District of Nipissing
District of Rainy River
District of Timiskaming

these are actual places.

Also, can you remove "Unknown" from the map completely.
We call districts "rural municipalities" in Manitoba. The basemap included the districts, but no RMs were imported from what I've seen. I've noticed other editors adding them. I don't see any harm in leavingall of these districts, improvement areas or RMs, even if they aren't a city. This of course is assuming that these are not causing any headaches for Waze.
James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by james8970
sagi wrote:
doctorkb wrote:Some of these areas (e.g. ID 9 Banff) relate to an area outside the township limits, but inside the "Improvement District" -- are you wanting to do away with county declarations (for rural areas) and such?
There are no county declarations support in waze, per say. All information regarding these counties/districts/regions is retained, we are only changing their classification to "non-cities" and removing all direct street references to them.
doctorkb wrote:Since we don't have province definitions available, it seems like this might be premature...
This change is part of a greater plan to enable provinces support in Canada. Going forward with this will considerably advance us towards that goal.
invented wrote:these are actual places.
They are all actual places, question is are they a town/city or just a region? To be more accurate, should any of these appear in a standard address line, in the slot where one specifies the town/city?
If we are making such a change, please revise and delete the following around Winnipeg:
RM of Rockwood
RM of Rosser
RM of Headingley
RM of Tache
RM of Ritchot
RM of Springfield
RM of Ruvercrest
RM of Brokenhead
RM of Staint Clements
RM of Staint Andrews

Please note, all these RMs around Winnipeg are very crudly done and in no way reflect the actual size of the RMs.

Going to PM the users who have been adding these RMs in the past few months to stop.
Thanks,
James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by james8970
doctorkb wrote:
sagi wrote:
They are all actual places, question is are they a town/city or just a region? To be more accurate, should any of these appear in a standard address line, in the slot where one specifies the town/city?
It is unlikely that any of the Alberta ones would show up on an address line -- but *something* would. And the county name is a lot more descriptive than not having a city declared...
The 'something' that would appear would be a box number, I've never understood why the county/RM/ID was never listed when mentioning an address of someone outside of a town/city. I'm also worried about potential navigational issues arising from doing this. There is sure to be duplicate streets names in different country/RM/IDs/Districts, which could cause problems if the duplicate streets are in the same province in different country/RM/ID/District.

While were on the topic of being out in the boonies, is there any way that Waze could look into modifying the 'dirt road/4x4 segment' type to something like 'unpaved road'? Currently there are no options for gravel roads so we are being forced to group gravel roads into the dirt road segment type when Waze is trying to route people off highways onto gravel roads unnecessary.
Thanks,
James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by james8970
Thanks for that post doctorkb, didn't see that.
James
james8970
Send a message
Canada Country Manager

Post by MisterMooCow
Any chance these could be broken down by province/territory (so that I can forward to friends/contacts in those areas)?
MisterMooCow
Send a message

Post by sagi
Hey guys,
Let me reply to some of your questions.
invented wrote:Also, can you remove "Unknown" from the map completely.
We've eliminated the "Unknown" city last week. It might take a while to trinkle down to the live map / client map, but the editor should no longer be showing this at all. Please let us know if you notice otherwise.. Alternatively if this removal causes editing problems, please let us know as well.
doctorkb wrote:Also, I wonder about the repercussions of eliminating the city name -- will we have errors about streets being elsewhere (and too far away)?
That should not occur. If it does please let us know and we will fix.
doctorkb wrote:Some of these areas (e.g. ID 9 Banff) relate to an area outside the township limits, but inside the "Improvement District" -- are you wanting to do away with county declarations (for rural areas) and such?
There are no county declarations support in waze, per say. All information regarding these counties/districts/regions is retained, we are only changing their classification to "non-cities" and removing all direct street references to them.
doctorkb wrote:Since we don't have province definitions available, it seems like this might be premature...
This change is part of a greater plan to enable provinces support in Canada. Going forward with this will considerably advance us towards that goal.
sagi
Send a message