Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

RECOMMENDATION - TEMP SPEED TRAPS

Post by Kulg
Hi All

I notice that everyone tends to report speed traps using the Camera option. I always have too but noticed that no-one got alerted. I see today going through the tutorial that one should report them as Police.

I think many people make this error resulting in the traps not being reported to anyone :-(

I recommend that there be an easy to spot/select Temp Speed Trap option & alert. Unfortunately the majority of users will never read the tutorials and realise that they need to use The Police alert & not the Camera alert. Reality is that many temporary speed traps are with cameras. This is why users will mostly choose Camera.

:-)
Kulg

POSTER_ID:9412237

Send a message

Post by krycor
haha i did this once in my 1st month, then noticed people reported it as police and that police pop'd up on map fast hence never did it again. Rookie mistake :P
krycor
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Yep, nobody seems to read the note (in very fine print) that cameras should be approved in the editor first. This is a basic mistake that all new Wazers make.
Many do not read further, just like instruction manuals that comes with new appliances.

What could work better is to separate the standard English icon text from the report menu text in Localization and have the icon named 'Camera' and the menu indicating 'Fixed Camera' as the standard heading. This should make it quite clear....

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
I think we all do that the first time without checking the fine print.
Is a common mistake not really attributed to being a rookie, but just not having time to read the fine print while driving, especially if this is your first report.
It's only as you read the forums and see other Wazers reporting it as 'Police' that it sort of sinks in..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing