[Script] Live Map UR Layer v2.7 (20140223)

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v2.5 (20140102)

Postby iainhouse » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:26 am

Hey Twister.

I've been hearing that Waze are going to allow URs to remain in the editor for a period after they have been closed. It seems a bit quick for the standard Waze "soon", but I think something may be happening with this and it's apparent in the Livemap.

In my never-ending mission to clear the country's old URs, I have noticed today that URs that have been closed by me are still appearing in the Livemap. It's making it a right pain to find the ones that still need dealing with!

I have an example for you. I have just closed a UR here in St.Athan, but it is still visible here in the Livemap.

I've trawled through some of the console output from LMUR. Looking at the data returned for some of the requests I found this:
Code: Select all
{"resolvedBy":22394618,"resolvedOn":1390791190568,"type":10,"updatedBy":22394618,"updatedOn":1390791190568,"driveDate":1389052800000,"description":"ar y bel, is in a location 250m south of where it is currently listed. it is co-located with forge garage","open":false,"bounds":
{"type":"Polygon","coordinates":[[[-4.278741999999999,52.215747],[-4.278741999999999,52.221338],[-4.2750401794871795,52.221338],[-4.2750401794871795,52.215747],[-4.278741999999999,52.215747]]]},"resolution":0,"hasComments":true,"id":2521894,"version":0,"geometry":
{"type":"Point","coordinates":[-4.275191,52.221328]},"permissions":-3,"rank":null}

That refers to another UR I resolved a little while ago. I'm presuming that "resolvedBy" and "resolvedOn" are new data items associated with URs. If you could update LMUR to filter these, I would very much appreciate it! :D

It may also be worth looking at the data available in WME. It's entirely possible that the closed UR data is available there but not yet visible. This might give you a chance to update URO+ before Waze release a new feature and break it! :lol:
UK Country Administrator • AM: London (DELETED), S Wales
Waze 3.7.2 • iPhone 4S (iOS 6.1.3) • Chrome/XP
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
My name is Iain and I'm a Wazaholic. I last edited 1 hour ago.
iainhouse

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v2.5 (20140102)

Postby iainhouse » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:32 am

[EDIT] This entire post can be ignored because the author has now provided this functionality and - of course - much better than me. :D

I have a couple of hacks for the LMUR script: a simple one that will hide closed URs on the Livemap and a more complex one that will change them to orange instead.

Please note: these are only for somebody who is confident altering an installed script - I'm not going to provide instructions (which I could only do for Chrome on Windows anyway). Also, I am not a genius like wot the bloke who wrote this script is. :lol: The second hack is inelegant because I couldn't work out how to use a variable or conditional for the colour. :oops:

Hide Solved URs

At line 294 of my script I have this line:
if(ureq.markerObj.description != null) desc = ureq.markerObj.description;

Immediately after that line, add this line:
if(ureq.markerObj.open == false) return true;

Turn Solved URs Orange

Bearing in mind I've hacked my version a bit already, somewhere close to line 600 you will find this code:
         if(ureq.markerType == 1)
         {
            svgSrc += '<rect x="'+ureq.px+'" y="'+ureq.py+'" transform="rotate(45,'+ureq.px+','+ureq.py+')" width="10" height="10" style="fill:orange;stroke:blue;fill-opacity:'+fillOpacity+';stroke-opacity:1"/>';
         }

Change it to
         if(ureq.markerType == 1)
         {
            if(ureq.markerObj.open == false)
            {
               svgSrc += '<rect x="'+ureq.px+'" y="'+ureq.py+'" transform="rotate(45,'+ureq.px+','+ureq.py+')" width="10" height="10" style="fill:orange;stroke:blue;fill-opacity:'+fillOpacity+';stroke-opacity:1"/>';
            }
            else
            {
               svgSrc += '<rect x="'+ureq.px+'" y="'+ureq.py+'" transform="rotate(45,'+ureq.px+','+ureq.py+')" width="10" height="10" style="fill:red;stroke:blue;fill-opacity:'+fillOpacity+';stroke-opacity:1"/>';
            }
         }

These are only temporary fixes. I have no doubt that soon (and not a Waze "soon"), these will be optional selections in the script with proper checkboxes in the interface.

[EDIT] This entire post can be ignored because the author has now provided this functionality and - of course - much better than me. :D
Last edited by iainhouse on Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: superseded by script update
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
iainhouse

Re: closed URs

Postby iainhouse » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:42 pm

dbraughlr wrote:If it works for you, you may edit your preceding post with the shorter code and I'll delete mine. If it doesn't work, I'll still delete mine.

Thanks for that. I realise why nothing I tried worked - I hadn't noticed I was editing a string quoted inside another string. I was using the wrong quotes to insert my variable in the middle. :oops:

I probably wouldn't have bothered altering my original hack. Inelegant as it was it was only a quick hack which has (unsurprisingly) been promptly superseded by a properly coded & better solution in the latest update from Twister-UK.

I'll remember your teachings, Master Yoda, next time I try to hack a script. :lol:
Community Champ
ImageImage
UK WikiWaze FAQ
iainhouse

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v1.3 (20130326)

Postby jasonh300 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:06 pm

leocylau wrote:
htahta wrote:And is it possible to add a box (select all)

I think if you select 'Hide' instead of 'Show', it will have the same result of using 'select all'. Am I right?

That's what I do. Switch over to hide and don't check anything.

Is there any way to make the settings stick? Or maybe a refresh button so that the view could be refreshed without losing settings?

Via my iPhone 3GS.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Regional Coordinator, South-Central Region
Waze FAQ ... Best Map Editing Practice ... Waze chat on IRC.
jasonh300
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v1.2 (20130319)

Postby jemay » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:55 pm

mssusa wrote:
Twister_UK wrote:That'll teach me to copy and paste code without changing the element IDs... 1.2 resolves this problem, and it also introduces a new feature for displaying URs and problems outside of the users editable area, courtesy of the Play Mode now offered in WME :D

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/150276

Anyone else getting 0 bytes?

I am also getting the 0 bytes... Actually i just get a blank page and no additional popup when I click the install button. But when I try another script it works fine...
Droid RAZR MAXX HD - Verizon - Waze Ver. 3.7.8.0 | CM for US|Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI
PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Map Editor|Best Practices
jemay
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] Live Map UR Layer v0.6 (20121125)

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm

The LiveMap UR Layer overlay seems to break the functionality of the 'Get Directions' shortcut on the top left. Once it is enabled, clicking this link does nothing, where it would normally display a "From:" and "To:" text entry boxes to enter Navigation start and end points, in place of the normal "Search Address" textbox.
Clicking on livemap & setting a start end end still works and calculates the routes, but it also does not toggle the search textbox like it usually does.

Anyone else having this, or is it just me ?
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
Using HTC One, Stock ROM, Android 4.2.2
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Chrome for me, I'll check on firefox in a few minutes when back home & see.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Carel Cornelius
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby Kuhlkatz » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:23 pm

OK, I just checked on Firefox and it seems to happen there as well. With the "Show URs/map problems (LMUR v0.6)" initially disabled, or if enabled, it does not seem to make any difference. I have also checked when going to Livemap from the editor, just to ensure I am logged in already.
The script itselfs works fine, shows the overlay if enabled & tells me if I'm not logged in if I attempt to initially enable it.

I'm on the world server, and cannot see any errors in the console.
I'm just wondering if it's subtle differences again based on where in the world you are located. Can you remember the 'Livemap' URL in the editor for me in South Africa that just pointed to Livemap & not the same location as that you were editing ? That's why you added the Livemap link in UROverview.
Carel Cornelius
Kuhlkatz
Beta tester
Beta tester

Re: Proof of Concept script: UR layer in Live Map

Postby leocylau » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:21 pm

arh...I can't get it work. Can't see the check box at all :?
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: Proof of Concept script: UR layer in Live Map

Postby leocylau » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:12 pm

thank tim, it works now ;)
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts