Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by DKaz
Vehicle Type: Limited Speed Motorcycle/Scooter

I already check "avoid freeways" but sometimes I get routed onto 80km/h roads that while they don't prohibit limited speed motorcycles from using, I'd prefer not to use it unless I absolutely had to ie. major accidents on every other alternate route. And then I would use a shoulder if one was available.
DKaz
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DubPi
I have an pull behind RV and with my Garmin GPS I can enter the length and the height of my vehicle and the gps will not tell me to make U-turns where I can't with a vehicle that large and it won't take me down below bridges that I can't pass under. It also avoids dirt and 4x4 roads where i could get easily stuck. A feature I would like to see is rating gas stations for maneuvering in RVs....sometimes it's a nightmare just getting gas. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/23/vuqevu6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DubPi
Send a message

Post by ehdiv
Country - France

hi,

I'm driving a scooter and using Waze.
If 20 cars are driving at 10km/h in a street while 20 scooter are driving at 40km/h, what is the information sent to Waze system and sent by Waze to my phone ?

Why not implement a revolutionary new feature ? It could looks like this :
1/ Possibility to be a "motorbike driver" (among other possibilities) in my profile
2/ When running Waze on my phone a question could appear : "are you driving your motorbike today ?" (after all Waze sometimes ask me if I'm driving or if I'm a passenger ;))
3/ Calculating a travel time specifically designed for motorbikes/scooters either based on car travel times minus x% or based on other scooter drivers :). Even with an alert message "Oh oh ! due to this sooooo great and exclusive new feature, your travel time won't be as precise as usual but is a maximu given the traffic information we have ;)".

And, @petervdveen, by the way when I'm using Waze with my scooter I'm sending Waze "false" informations on traffic. Just because me, and all other motorbikers are driving more easily in heavy traffic or traffic jam...

Splitting car drivers profiles and motorbike/scooter drivers profiles would :
1/ give Waze a really inovative feature (as far as I know, others are not doing this)
2/ send more accurate traffic information to Waze users
3/ be a mean to get more clients ;)

My 2 cents.
ehdiv
Send a message

Post by Eticketlizabeth
I love that more cars are now available, but how about a minivan/van? I know I'm not the only Mom's Taxi Service out there using Waze! (I chose "taxi" for just that reason, but I actually drive a black minivan--nothing like the only black vehicle available, the Smart!)
Eticketlizabeth
Send a message

Post by everylastbyteltd
How about a little person for when walking, and a Train one that follows the train routes? :D

Also can you add in a black car that isn't a smart car? I've got a black Fiesta (new style) add one of them for me? 8-)
everylastbyteltd
Send a message

Post by FathomsDown
There are a lot of width, height and weight restrictions around where I drive. If other vehicle types are going to be added, we would need to have some way of adding these restrictions to the map and navigating around them for larger/heavier vehicles.
FathomsDown
Send a message

Post by fernandoanguita
Borgholio wrote:For the love of God, please bring back "minimize turns"! That's the one navigation feature I want to see above all else. Nothing is more annoying than seeing Waze plot a zigzag pattern through side streets instead of the (more sensible) route of taking primary streets with a minimum of turns and intersections.
I definetely agree !
I have got zigzag routes many times just to save a few meters instead of going straight by the major roads, saving time and money (brakes and gas).

Gas savings routes would be a quite reasonable benefit to get this feature back.

Best regards to all active and proactive wazers on the road, reporting online info, or behind the keyboards editing those valuables streets and turns !
fernandoanguita
Master Raider
Master Raider
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by ForestPhil
Cars pulling trailers would be useful. In the UK these are required to go 10MPH below any speed of 60MPH or 70MPH.
ForestPhil
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
@shawndoc: There's nothing crazy on it at all. No, this would be the correct order. But I suspect that (for any reasons beyond this thread and our knowledge) regularly appearing new (social) features are being considered more important than finally completing or fixing the existing ones.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
ChrisSeiler wrote:I also would love to have a [...] train mode as well ...
Waze would have to display the Rails again :|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).