Red Light Cameras being deleted

Post by HangoverHooligan
Hi All,

I'm trying to find out if there is a way for other Wazers to stop deleting Red Light Cameras that I add to maps around my town. There are several intersections that have them and the same 2 intersections that I mark with cameras end up having the cameras deleted within 12-24 hours. I have no doubt that another Wazer is reporting them as "Not There" so people will get tickets. Is there a way to have the cameras marked permanently ?

-Thanks
HangoverHooligan

POSTER_ID:14573012

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The "camera" reported shows in the app for a day or two and has nothing to do with it being confirmed in the editor. The icons are different. If they are disappearing from the Editor, that is an editor doing that, not the app. Tapping "Not There" in the app does not delete the camera.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AndyPoms
Well the 12-24 hour time table seems to indicate that you are only talking about in your client app (and they disappear with the map tile updates).

Are you approving those cameras in the editor? Are they REALLY Red Light Cameras? See the Cameras page of the Wiki for details: https://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Cameras.

Where are you located? Many places don't allow for photo enforcement (or limit it), so Red Light Cameras may not be legal where you are & they are actively being deleted by other editors.

I'm not saying that the cameras you are reporting aren't really there, I'm just trying to cover all the possibilities here.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
the1who wrote:Just for reference.

I posted a fake camera and it showed up on the client/phone app until the next day. I logged into the editor to confirm if it was there, it wasn't. It took another trip there to report through client to actually who in the editor too. Not concerned about my issue, but just sharing that I have ran into that instance where after using client, seeing it on the map, it then didn't show in the editor.
Has the drive processed yet? In the last few days I've seen drives take a longer than normal time to process. Any camera/URs don't show up until the drive it was reported during processes. However, the camera will show up in the client you reported it from until the tiles update.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Bigbear3764
If you post a permalink of the intersection with them. Have a level 5 approve them, it makes it harder to delete b just hitting the not there button.

Also if you have a link to a city web page verifying they are there. I'm not saying you don't know what or where they are, but you would be surprised by the number of cameras approved for traffic cameras, opticoms for emergency vehicles, etc...
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Spil
bigbear3764 wrote:Also if you have a link to a city web page verifying they are there. I'm not saying you don't know what or where they are, but you would be surprised by the number of cameras approved for traffic cameras, opticoms for emergency vehicles, etc...
And of course, there's the very simple solution -- just follow your applicable Motor Vehicle Code by not running red lights! ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by the1who
Just for reference.

I posted a fake camera and it showed up on the client/phone app until the next day. I logged into the editor to confirm if it was there, it wasn't. It took another trip there to report through client to actually who in the editor too. Not concerned about my issue, but just sharing that I have ran into that instance where after using client, seeing it on the map, it then didn't show in the editor.
the1who
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Global and US Champ, USA PLN A/RC Emeritus, Nevada State Manager and US Country Manager
Android Beta Leader
Direct E-mail: vegas.waze@gmail.com

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra - 14.0 | Waze 4.100