Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

How to create a Police alert from my computer

Post by Billy64
This morning I was commuting with my motorbike an I saw a speed cam. I could not use Waze driving, but when I arrived to my office I wanted to report it from my computer in waze.com.

Ididn't find the way to do it. Is it poossible?
Billy64

POSTER_ID:757327

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
You can only report when you are at the location.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
Map issues show up in the editor with a short section of the directions Waze is giving you and a short section of what you actually drove (the beginning and end of your trip is scrubbed, so we can't see where you started or finished). As long as you report it BEFORE Waze recalculates and close enough to the intersection, it doesn't matter exactly where the pin is dropped.

You can also report Map Issues from the livemap on the website, but then it's probably a better idea to just go one more page to the Update Map and fix it yourself.

For thinks like Police & Accidents, the pin location is recorded where you hit the Report button, then you can select type and let the "Later" button's countdown finish (or tap the "Later" button and then just finish the report later
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by Billy64
Thanks for you fast answer.

Ok. that's strange, I feel disarmed knowing there is a hidden speed camera and not to be able to advise
Billy64
Send a message
Last edited by Billy64 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by dadudaa
AndyPoms wrote:You can only report when you are at the location.
True. And it sicks. I have always been missing/wanting the ability to report something at a location different from whare I am at the moment :(

When the app directs me to take a turn which is not allowed my mind naturally is trying to think what to do next. At the time when I can report the problem I am already 2000ft away from the actual place. Safety on the road comes first so often it is only possible to report things when I am no longer at that location. To me it looks like a necessary feature to have :P
dadudaa
Send a message