Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Contacts

Post by PDXMadDog
Is there a way to connect Waze with my phone's contact list? I am enjoying using Waze as my navigation app, but find it frustrating that I can't directly access my phone's contact list to grab addresses, thus forcing me to go into my contact list, copy the address, then paste it in Waze. Is there a shorter route? I'm using iOS6. Thanks!
PDXMadDog

POSTER_ID:13715974

Send a message

Post by c5soo
When I click on the map icon on the Contact it goes straight to Google Maps. There is no option to pick Waze. I tried to look on the web version to see if there are more settings not on the phone app. Any suggestions? I have a HTC One-M8 It would be nice if Google would give you the choice of navigation programs since they own Waze. I haven't been able to figure out how to get the program to vocally repeat the directions. I liked TeleNav but T-mobile now charges for access since Google commandeered Android.
c5soo
Send a message

Post by davewfields
What if you accidentally clicked not to share contacts?
davewfields
Send a message

Post by jr1982jr
My Waze does not have every address from my contacts yet I can select someone from my contacts to navigate to. I just tried it. I have a company in my contacts called Capital Vending. I type in Capi and the address comes up in the list. Since I am nowhere near them right now, there is no way that the choice would come up with such as #1 without my contacts. I have never navigated there so it is also not in my history. Additionally, it is NOT in my Waze list.
jr1982jr
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

Post by logicisme
Ok on this same subject I just noticed that waze copied my entire contact list from every account on my phone into its contacts database, WTH! I didn't ask for that and there doesn't appear to be a way to delete the contacts from the waze account that they were just copied to either on their website or on the phone. Not "syncing" is not deleting, btw.

GOOGLE/WAZE:
Please use the standard contact API or give the option to use it instead of copying all contacts to yet another account. I have 5 email accounts linked to my phone and absolutely hate the idea that all my contacts are now copied without explicit or clear permission to do so. Sharing doesn't mean "copying". Sharing means "using" as far as I'm concerned.

I hope now that google owns waze that they will de-gui-ize the settings interface and make them crisp and clear like other google products I like.
logicisme
Send a message

Post by SocalToe
With my android phone:

I go into contacts from the dialer,
Select person
then hit the address
then I'm asked if I want to use waze or google maps....

Hit waze and waze figures out how to get there............
SocalToe
Send a message
Ed

Post by TBKKappel
Simply type in the name of the person you need to get to, and hit search.. Works fine for me

EDIT: You will need to enable waze to access your contacts the first time, make sure that limitations are off before you go ahead

Kappel
- Mmm iOS
TBKKappel
Send a message

Post by TomCardNinja
Hear, hear...
TomCardNinja
Send a message