Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by muchski
Ok I will be sure to fix those two for sure!

Waze got the base maps from Govt of Canada but while roads and their shape are there, naming depends on Wazers.

In the old days, lol approx 1 + year ago when there were no base maps, you had to record roads yourself and then name them. In most parts of the world outside North America where there are no base maps, Wazers have built complete detailed maps from scratch in cities like Rome, Paris, etc... Pretty wicked stuff. It's like Wikipedia for Google Maps except you have to be either area manager or a person who has driven down a road to have permission to edit which makes sense!

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have or if you prefer there is a good Wiki found on the community tab above with tons of info including editing basics should you want to name perhaps the roads you commute on in your neighbourhood.
muchski
Send a message
Area Manager - Winnipeg, Canada| Xperia X10 | HTC Desire

Post by muchski
Ok most of city edited now, prob 3/4 done.

Most of speed cams are there too!

Join the facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137739143897 for more updates!
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Welcome to Waze!

Let me know if you have any questions, particularly in the area of map editing! There's a really helpful wiki that gives you a crashcourse in editing and naming so it's consistent globally!

Here's the link: http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Best ... g_practice

Cheers!
-muchski

PS join the FB group, search Winnipeg Waze
muchski
Send a message

Post by muchski
Hey sorry it didn't alert me to this message! Wish I had seen it way sooner!

Hopefully gas station support comes soon to Canada and they bring back road goodies! I'll try adding stations to the map as I go!

Waze on!
Muchski
muchski
Send a message

Post by NigelSheldon
The groups feature is not available on the Blackberry yet, either.

I found the latest beta somewhere on the forums (1.9.8.7) and it still needs some work for my 8530. Most bb users would not find it worth the aggravation to use it at all, especially when it gives weird routing suggestions.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
I live in Transcona but I work outside of Winnipeg, in Rosenort. On my way home, I usually take the perimeter to Lagimodiere, then go east on Fermor to Plessis and go north. For some reason, it is very insistent about having me turn on to Plessis at the perimeter (a terrible intersection and gravel until Fermor), even to the point of wanting me to make a u-turn at Bishop Grandin and Lagimodiere.

I have also noticed that at will ask me to change lanes to the opposite direction on highway 75 for no apparent reason. And the final bit of strangeness is around the clover leaf at Pembina highway and the perimeter. It has shown directions for going the wrong way on the ramps.

I did manage to find the groups in the dashboard, I didn't know it was there before.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
I've actually seen a few other Wazers over the past two weeks, which is a change! It's good to see.

However, I am very annoyed that BlackBerry development has stopped. I've used Waze quite a bit for well over a year and there have been few changes. Now there is no hope of any improvements which quite disappointing.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
There's something wrong with highway 75. It looks like there are gaps in the road so it gets confused and thinks I need to change my route.

I never saw it on my BlackBerry but I see them on my galaxy s3.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
james_8970 wrote:Fixed. I never locked Pembina, someone else did and then I edited the street I believe. Aside from the clover intersection, I'm going to unlock that entire street one of these days. If you guys see anything else that you feel shouldn't be locked let me know. At this point, I only want anything with a freeway designation locked, Chief Peguis Trail, Main St, Route 90/Bishop, Lagimodiere and a few complicated/bizarre intersections locked.

umbrau44, I'm not seeing anything. I have a hunch that it might just be a erroneous geometry node or a junction that needs to be taken apart and reassembled. Next time you travel down Hwy 75, could you make a UR each time the problem appears? Thanks.
James
I will do that next time.
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3

Post by NigelSheldon
I got a notice that more information is required about what I'm seeing on highway 75. I'm not sure what else to say about it.

Would some screenshots be helpful?
NigelSheldon
Send a message
Curve 8530 -> Galaxy S3