Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by invented
doctorkb wrote:
invented wrote:I'm finding that editing the City field inside a lot of segments selected inside a landmark results in the segment name being wiped out en masse. Pretty dangerous.
Are you using the Properties window of Addons, or the standard address editing area in WME?
The Properties field in WME Add-Ons.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
doctorkb wrote:
Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...
I've had bad luck with smaller selections as well. I'm not sure what's doing it. And then I've had higher-quantity selections where it works fine. I just always have to click on various segments before hitting Save to make sure the city name stays intact.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
doctorkb wrote:
invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...
I've had bad luck with smaller selections as well. I'm not sure what's doing it. And then I've had higher-quantity selections where it works fine. I just always have to click on various segments before hitting Save to make sure the city name stays intact.
When you've made these, do you recall your save counter? (i.e. the number on the save button). That is what I meant by keeping each change in the ~150 range.
that's what I meant by 'smaller selections', even ones below 150 edits.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
It seems to be a Windows 8 thing. I reloaded Windows 7 and I haven't been able to duplicate.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
Segments with "Ontario" as 'State' get inadvertently renamed to "New York" with City = "Niagara Falls".

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

Steps to reproduce:

1. draw landmark north of Falls Ave within there somewhere
2. select all streets
3. hit Properties, change city to Niagara Falls
4. hit Apply
5. notice that all segments are now Niagara Falls, New York.
6. do not save.
invented
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
WME Add-Ons has stopped working for me as well

cleared the cache and it made no difference
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
problem fixed with update

Thanks
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by ispyisail
Hi all

I can't find the link to download?

Can anybody help?

Thanks
ispyisail
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
AddOns didn't work in the beta either.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
At one time, I found that I could edit all the way up the QEW to right before Thorold Stone Rd. Waze seemed to think all that was part of New York State.

Via my iPhone 4S.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message