Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Daknife
Would not Major Accident, have been a better option? That is what I would have advised the user in response to the UR.
Particularly with how weak the Road Closure option is, needing multiple reports of the same closure by different people for it to take effect. Whereas a Major accident report, flags the problem area for the routing systems immediately.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by Daknife
Post a permalink to the unlock forum asking someone to close it. Not as efficient as doing it yourself, but you can still get it closed and then reopened when needed.
Daknife
Send a message
https://waze.com/wiki/images/3/3c/Waze_ ... 00k_6c.png
Former AM in Utah; FormerCM USA
Utah Forum: Utah Forum
Google Pixel 5 on Sprint

Post by DangerDaneDK
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
CBenson wrote:when I selected the road closed feature, it still gave me options like I was on the prior block.
I'd post this in the feedback thread. This feature is still pretty buggy.
And I had that issue as well.

But I tried it the other day driving to a clients place. Once I had marked it as blocked it showed up, at least in my client as block for the most of the evening. When I dropped the client off roughly 4-5 hours later Waze had again removed it.

I just wish Waze would allow people, ie Map Editors level x or higher to mark a road as blocked, enter in a date where the road "should" be unblocked again and then the algoriphms would mark the road as blocked and route around it, right until that date and then automatically suspend the roadblock.... Unless the editor goes in and updates the date as the situation changes.

Its either that or the map editors marking the route as being one way only....
DangerDaneDK
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
Flemming J., Denmark
Area Manager: Region of Southern Denmark / Region Syddanmark
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965F, Android 8.0 Waze: Newest

https://s.waze.tools/s0025.pnghttps://s.waze.tools/c3s.png

Post by deeggo
It's not that simple. I often pass closed highway exits which I don't need to take anyway. I wouldn't be able to report those then. On the other hand, I'm not reporting them now either because the whole system just doesn't close anything off effectively.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
It's working somewhere between "very bad" and "working not at all" on INTL.
deeggo
Send a message
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
As if the champs discussing something will make Waze fix outstanding bugs. Very peculiar.
deeggo
Send a message

Post by DerBenz
I have reported a road closed every day for almost 2 weeks before I started ignoring the route. It is still closed for construction (very long term) and it will still occasionally route me through that street. I would edit the segment on the map, but I no longer have edit rights (because I ignored a PM???)
DerBenz
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
CBenson wrote:You can't effectively close a road because you can only indicate a closure for a few segment that you can normally route through from the segment you are on. You can't indicate the road is closed in the middle of the segment you are on.
Skimming this thread suggests despair...

My semi-rural commute is so routine friends laugh at me for using a nav app going home. But finally, an unexpected closure! Finally, a chance to see Waze route me around it!

But no.

Another Wazer had marked a hazard on Felton Empire but no closure. So when I reached the barrier at the intersection of Felton Empire and Fetherston Way I pulled over and said, I'm gonna close this road. Uh-uh. It would let me close Fetherston but not the road that actually needed closing.

Sometimes pictures are worth a thousand words:
Closure_not_allowed.png
No close option for the road that needs closing!
(30.18 KiB) Downloaded 1021 times
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Tested this a couple hours ago. A noob friend, pink not baby, reported a closure.
Didn't appear on my client but when I reported it, it closed straight away.
I'm a level 4 editor, he's a level 0 or 1, whatever that first one is now.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
It was already suggested, that picking an arbitrary point on a street segment nearby would be a good UI to define a road closure. I can imagine that Waze devs might hesitate to allow an arbitrary segment being 'closured'. But the fact that I'm not even able to 'block' the middle of e.g. a long freeway segment I'm currently on, facing a serious accident (or fvwazing's fire+smoke example) possibly blocking both directions, is beyond my understanding.

Humorously (or sadly), I'm just allowed to cut off any of the green arrows, which could lead me out of my segment :roll:
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).