Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Editor Problem for NA?

Post by bjrich01
I've been updating for a bit and in the last few days (since the maintenance) Everything I've done doesn't show up on editor and I can't even click on fixed roads/streets! Also, I went for a drive to finalize problems in my neighborhood and used my Iphone5 to navigate then mark problems on the map. After getting home, nothing was on Editor....none of my stuff! I included wrong turns, broken streets, new streets (paving) and streets that are now gone. But as I'm trying to edit on Editor, I physically can't click on new stuff. Old streets....just fine. Try to make corrections, hit save, wait, and then nothing. I've restarted the computer, I've shut down all 3 browsers (IE, Firefox, Chrome) and can't get it to render correctly on the screen so I can continue fixing. Is anyone else having this problem? Again, it just started for me. Sucks when it doesn't work and help navigate correctly!
Help!
bjrich01

POSTER_ID:11083407

Send a message
Level 3

Post by Bigbear3764
How many edits are you trying to save? 1 or 1000? See if you can do 1 edit and save.

Also, where are you editing?
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
Sorry, didn't check last night to see you replied. Has been slow here too. I get messages that segment I just edited has been modified. But if I undo all my edits until it saves, I look again and they are correct. Haven't tried to edit a segment after errors.

Still giving you trouble huh? Have you PM'd any other editors on the island with you? Just to see if it is limited to your State.

Sometimes clearing your cache and cookies helps.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by bjrich01
Thanks for responding! I'm editing in Hawaii on Hickam Air Force Base. And yes, I've tried 1 edit....save....screen refreshes....no update shown. Then, I'll refresh the browser (or restart browser, clear cache/history, etc) and the update shows! But wait!.....now I can't edit the newly formed road/junction/etc! That's what I've been up against. I'm a level 3. Been using Waze for about a year. Been editing only recently since I got stationed in Hawaii. Thanks for all your help!
bjrich01
Send a message
Level 3

Post by bjrich01
Bump for help!
bjrich01
Send a message
Level 3

Post by bjrich01
Will do! Haven't cleared cookies/cache today. I'll look for area managers to help. Thanks for the advice!
bjrich01
Send a message
Level 3

Post by bjrich01
I am having the same problem!!!!! Tried editing on my base in Honolulu. Same exact problem. Seems like only a select few can edit...and keep....their results. I had started another thread on this. Tried searching for something like this, but couldn't find it. I'm sure we're talking the same thing here. Something is up with the server.

Here's my thread.
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 76#p399176

Take care
BJ
bjrich01
Send a message
Level 3

Post by bjrich01
Thank you for the update. I have followed your recommendations - cleared cookies, cache, etc. Went back....logged in....corrected an issue....refresh page.....and still not correcting. I'll include an image. Strange. And, I just realized the new editing format. Looks good! Just wish I could get my edits to stay. Something ain't stirrin the cool-aid......

Still need help.

Thanks!
bjrich01
Send a message
Level 3

Post by bjrich01
Here are the pics of the map problems.

Hickam AFB Hawaii
bjrich01
Send a message
Attachments
Level 3