Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by SHankItUpGolf
With everyone referencing what GasBuddy does... I distinctly remember the GasBuddy FAQ formerly stating (within the past year) that you should report the credit/debit price and add in the comments if there is a cash discount since most people use cards. I'm guessing they changed this since to get more uniformity since many people report the prices driving down the road based on the sign which often has only the lower cash price.
SHankItUpGolf
Send a message

Post by Spil
imper1um wrote:I would report the higher of the two (whichever it is). The thing is that people will like it if gas is less, but will hate it if gas is more.
kbirger wrote:It should be the higher of the two prices. Posting the lower (cash, usually) price could mislead some people. If you go based on the higher price, then you're at least no worse off.
I agree ... we do have one station in my area that has a higher credit-card price for diesel only, and it's a truck stop right by the interstate. My reasonable assumption in today's society is that trucking companies generally give their long-haul drivers a card instead of a few thousand in cash for gas at the start of their trips (I could be wrong about this, but it seems logical to me, at least). At any rate, I would rather have someone overjoyed at getting to pay $.06/gallon less than what Waze told him than to have someone furious at having to pay $.06/gallon more than what Waze said the price would be. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
bgodette wrote:I'm surprised Alan hasn't mentioned anything about tipping your gas station attendant. :lol:
I'm sure there's a good reason you brought this up, but I can't remember the situation. :)

Yes, I have tipped at a gas station on numerous occasions. :mrgreen:
"Gas station attendant"? They still have those out your way? :lol: Seriously, there is only one full-serve station that I know of within a 50-mile radius of my home -- every other station is self-serve. Oddly enough, that one full-serve station usually has the lowest price in the area too ... so it gets a lot of my business, especially when I'm in a hurry (or in winter, when I don't really want to get out of the van until I reach my destination :D).

I know that there are states (NJ comes to mind as an example, although it may have changed since I was last there) where the government has decided that its citizens are either too careless or too dumb to pump their own gas, and has passed legislation requiring all stations to be full-serve.

[tongue-in-cheek] On the full/self issue ... that could bring up another lengthy discussion ;) -- I remember in the past seeing stations that had full-serve and self-serve pumps, and the self-serve cost less than the full-serve. So why not make 4 price fields per grade per station (full/cash, full/credit, self/cash, self/credit)? And why only 4 grades? Some stations in my area have 7 grades (86, 87, 89, 91, 93, diesel, kerosene) -- why slight them with only 4 grades? [/tongue-in-cheek] :roll: :lol:
Spil
Send a message

Post by Spil
failsafe wrote:... All but once, I've seen credit prices when I see "reported by 3rd party."
All but twice, I've only seen inaccurate and/or missing prices when I see "reported by 3rd party".
Spil
Send a message

Post by swhaze
kbirger wrote:It should be the higher of the two prices. Posting the lower (cash, usually) price could mislead some people. If you go based on the higher price, then you're at least no worse off.
I agree. I would rather be pleasantly surprised that the cash price was lower!
swhaze
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
Oklahoma has 100% gas and drunk gas, some stations sell both and 100% gas is usually ~.05 higher than drunk gas.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
maantje76 wrote:For ROTW we provided all sorts of fuel per country. We also indicated to add an option for chargepoints for electrical cars...
That would be cool, you can add it like a red light cam. I have seen them at Whole Foods.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
dmcconachie wrote:Good thing they started this feature in a country where it's all relatively simple! No... wait... that's exactly the opposite of what they did!

via Tapatalk
It was probably simple for them go get the gas partners here where there is a large ammount of companies to go to and a large ammount of user base for them to negotiate with.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by Unholy
Hi guys and gals,

We will add a note the "update gas price menu" that it should be cash only.
I'm not sure we'll be able to add it to our next release, but it will be added to one of the next releases.

Thanks,

Ori
Unholy
Send a message

Post by xplorer7
According to the wiki, it is the credit price which should be entered:
Note: Waze only tracks a single price for each fuel grade. If a station offers a different price for cash or credit, the credit price is the recommended one to enter. The reason is for consistency among all Wazers and most people know the credit price is higher by a typical amount (when not the same as cash). In addition, the 3rd-Party pricing that Waze gets for some stations is the credit price. Entering the cash price only creates an inconsistency.
xplorer7
Send a message