If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Feature Suggestion - School Zone

Post by RicSamuels
I would like to strongly suggest that we add school zones to the NA maps. It may not be practical to list times or actual speed limits as they can very from school zone to school zone. What would be practical would be the following:
1. Report beginning and end of the zone via the client.
2. Audible alert in navigation mode and non navigation mode when approaching.
3. Visual on the maps.
4. Allow map editors and area managers to verify, correct and clean up.

This would be a great safety feature for our kids and help us keep from getting tickets because we were not paying attention.
Ric Samuels
Greenville SC USA area manager.
RicSamuels

POSTER_ID:8256977

Send a message
Ric

Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Running Android 10

Post by AndyPoms
Been suggested before, please search before posting (and this goes DOUBLE for an Area Manager who should be active in the forums).

Since Waze keeps the speed data in 10-15 minute chunks, it knows when the school zone slows down and will route around it automatically. Remember, sometimes it's faster to go through the slowdown than to go around it.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by txemt
I remember suggesting that before, but I don't remember where the discussion went with that topic (almost a year ago I brought that up).
txemt
Send a message
Just wazeting my time to help you waze your route smoothly.