Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by kentsmith9
porubcan wrote:...and wiki is not updated that often like the forum is...
If you find something that is not in the Wiki you can post a comment in the Wiki forum and we will work on getting it added (unless it was agreed not to be put there).
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
I will not be able to confirm the inter-compatibility between them, but if someone else did it I could get the info into the Wiki.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
porubcan wrote:if you use JNF on basemapped area, you would cause massive damage (by turning soft-restricted turns of basemap to hard-restricted), even it is not on one save, it still very dangerous. AFAIK this already happened in Belgium (if I remember correctly).
So all of the turns were restricted and someone Q'ed all of them using JNF? Otherwise, I'm not picturing what you're saying here.

Yes, JNF should only be used once all streets and nodes and turn restrictions are complete.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by khaytsus
skbun wrote:I'm not clear on how this works. I mean, I can see from the googlecode page that WME-addons is getting occasional fixes and upgrades, but the OP in the thread is giving me 0.42 (that doesn't seem to have any of them). How exactly do I get 'the newest version' to install, and verify that I got said upgrade (either inside the script or with another check)?
Looks like code checkins but no release since 0.42. He's doing some development on function or bugs, but unless you're willing to test, I'd stick with 0.42.
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by kodi75
TonyG-UK wrote:To answer your question - yes, you can select all the segments with Unknown direction using the NbWays column.
What is the function of the AllowNoDirection part of the tool?
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Answers: 1
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Lately the "Open in Live Map" link does open the area in Live Map, however it is zoomed out to a view that includes most of my state!

The "Open in OSM" does work as expected.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
Not sure what you mean - I tried copying the permalink before hitting the live map link and that didn't work. As an easy workaround, I edited the address bar in Live Map from "&zoom=9" to "&zoom=15". Any zoom level over 15 is too far, showing the entire country.
davipt wrote:
kodi75 wrote:Lately the "Open in Live Map" link does open the area in Live Map, however it is zoomed out to a view that includes most of my state!
The "Open in livemap" seems to be working only if WME has a query string. For example, clicking on the permalink to get the url editor?zoom=x&lat etc etc, then open in livemap works nicely. But if the url is simply /editor/, livemap is open also without parameters and on the last place it was open before.
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by kodi75
davipt wrote: Now about the dead end roads it would indeed be nice to have waze automatically set them to two-ways and add the node at the end, instead of the effort editors need to do to fix them up and specially when it requires extra scripts to detect and fix them.
Is there a Script tool (like the Suppress Extra Junctions) that accomplishes this, i.e. fixes the ends of segments viewd within the screen? At least the End Node Fix?
kodi75
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by leocylau
Good work indeed Gilles ;)
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Answers: 3
Send a message
UK WikiUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

GC•Newcastle upon Tyne AM•HK CM•Localisation Coordinator

Post by McCracken808
Thank you for your work on this.

Script doesn't seem to be picking up the alternate names in the segment list. It just lists "Todo". Does that mean you're still working on it? i.e. To do list?
McCracken808
Send a message
Aloha,
Douglas

AM - Hawaii

https://db.tt/jYYT4mG3https://db.tt/4b2TzYlShttps://db.tt/AnfHrb6N
Waze Resources:
Waze Wiki, Landmarks Guideline, Area Manager Wiki, Best Practices

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.1, Waze 3.8, Mazda3