Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by dmcconachie
jasonh300 wrote:Got Participated and Thanks in the old version of Taptatalk (1) for iOS. Looks a little different, but it works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/jyn4i7tojfyql1 ... .40.00.jpg

As of last night, I noticed that Tapatalk was screwing up nested quotes if there was more than 2 or 3. Instead of just rejecting the post like the forum software does, it allowed it, but dropped a couple of the [quote...] tags and made it look like some of the quoted text was part of the new post.
It's always messed up more than 3 nested quotes.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
cherianchris wrote:Unable to post links through Tapatalk ! Any fixes please?

Chris -> MB526 -> Tapatalk 2
http://www.waze.com
Seems to work here?
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by DMZamora
As seen on Twitter:

"As a temporary workaround you can now link the signature icons from this site: https://s.waze.tools/"
DMZamora
Experts
Experts
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
How has this not yet been resolved?
doctorkb
Answers: 4
Send a message

Post by dragstor
Duplicated moderators on subforum...

:roll:
dragstor
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
GC • Coordinator • Balkans CM • Translator • Beta Tester

Wazing with Nissan Qashqai 4x4 1.6DCi

Post by DwarfLord
I just tried to add an image attachment to a post, and the forum responded with:

Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
BellHouse wrote:For me in the last weeks the forum search has become quite useless, also only a part of matching posts is shown. Is this a measure to make us wait even keener for the upcoming Lithium forum? :twisted:
I gave up on forum search many months ago, thinking it would be fixed "soon". But I believe we're approaching a year or more that it has been broken.

For those who don't search very often (especially not for older posts) here is an example. In October 2016 I wrote this post in the WME Speedhelper topic. The post contained a few less-used words like "stupendously" and "strawman". Should be easy to find, right?
  • Search for word "stupendously" across entire forum and all time -- no results.
  • Search for word "strawman" across entire forum and all time -- no results.
  • Go to Speedhelper topic and "Search this topic" for "DwarfLord" -- no results.
  • Go to Speedhelper topic and "Search this topic" for "strawman" -- no results.
  • Search for all posts by "DwarfLord" across entire forum and all time -- 231 pages of results going back to December 2013, including the post in the Speedhelper topic.
I know many communities are relying more heavily on social-media messaging for day-to-day communication, but the forum is still the one-and-only archive of our formal decision process. It can't serve that function without proper search capability. Yeah, something's coming "soon" but... this is just not cricket.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by DwarfLord
Thanks everybody. Google is a great workaround and adding the search qualifications makes it even better.

Still, I wish we didn't need a workaround. Working in a forum offering a search capability that's been broken for around a year or more is like living in a town where potholes aren't being patched, burned-out streetlights aren't being replaced, and graffiti isn't being cleaned. Yeah, you can still get by just fine, but it creates a certain ... ambience.
DwarfLord
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
And, foiled again. Tried to update with img tags, signature still shows the code, not the img
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by ehepner1977
Guess it helps if you enable BB code
ehepner1977
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message