Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by perlin
Kuhlkatz wrote:Perlin,

Could I suggest that you split the Localized 'Camera' text for the Report Menu Icon from the text used in the Report Camera screen.
This way the Report Camera Screen heading could be set as default to "Fixed Camera", which would likely have new Wazers stop & think twice before simply popping yet another camera on the map when they attempt to report a speed trap.
That's a good idea, but you should talk about it with Orit (she handles all text issues).
You can write her to translations@waze.com or orit@waze.com
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
kodi75 wrote:While navigating to a location, I selected "refresh map of my area" under Settings -> Advanced -> Data Transfer (the map had old city-name "smudges"). Afterwards the app stops navigating & have to reset the destination. Is this a bug?
Nope, not a bug. This is how this feature works.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CrackedLCD wrote:
stuffhappens wrote:On the Sony Xperia Z, with its hi-res 1080 x 1920 display, the map renders fine, size-wise, but overall the look-and-feel is very 'thin' and distant - as if the zoom level is a bit 'out' for the screen, and line widths are too fine (the display's dpi is probably also relevant here).

Some of the icons and features are also mis-placed - for example, if you have your speed indicator enabled, it shows up behind other elements (sorry, don't have the phone to hand for a screenshot right now (left it at work)).

On the plus side, Waze still looks better than another sat-nav app (c*-pi**t) where icons are missing and the menus are 'all over the place' on the XZ!
It's the same way on the Droid DNA. Waze are aware of the misplaced features like the partially hidden zoom buttons and speed-o-meter, but they are apparently unconcerned about the unreadably small text and line art on the map itself.
I understand the frustration, but that's not true, we are constantly working on adjusting the UI to higher resolution screens. Naturally it takes time, since it requires much work.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
CrackedLCD wrote:Speaking of petrol prices, can we please do something about how hard it is to select fuel prices when updating them? I've found that even with both hands on the phone and all my attention, I often have trouble selecting entry boxes to plug in prices.... This looks like a simple fix and it would greatly enhance the usability of the prices option.
I agree, it's indeed hard to select the price boxes and it actually requires a few taps (not only with chubby fingers..). We'll improve it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Twister_UK wrote:Does the "Never ask me again" checkbox on the fuel prices popup actually do ANYTHING? Every time that damn popup has appeared, I've ticked the box and then either closed the popup with the X, or left it to time out and close by itself. Every time. In other words, despite having (apparently) done what the UI design indicates is required to tell Waze not to ask me again, Waze keeps on asking me again. And again. And again. Just stop, please...
Selecting this option ("Never ask me again") from the popup doesn't work (we'll fix it!), but if you select it from the settings (Gas Stations & Prices) it will work (won't pop again).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
deeggo wrote:Had a force close and also a frozen client several times when searching for a nearby gas station to report prices. This happened every time when doing:
1 start up the client while on the gas station
2 directly dismiss the popup asking you to report gas prices cause you're near a gas station
3 tap Report / Gas prices. Crash or freeze

Logs sent at 14:25 and 15:28 GMT+1 today. Reproducible.
Thanks! We'll fix it.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin !
When do you think we will get the report for "Vehicule stopped on road" on the client ?
This should be very usefull !
It's planned to be pretty soon.
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
porubcan wrote:Had 2 crashes ca. 4.5 hours ago while trying to delete multiple messages from inbox. Logs sent around 2030 UTC+1.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
How many messages at once did you try to delete?
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
jdeyoung wrote:When can we expect this to be fixed - OR - what can I do to turn off popups to stop the crashing?
We're working on a fix and hopefully it will be implemented in the upcoming version (beta).
perlin
Send a message

Post by perlin
StunGod wrote:I've done some searching, but haven't been able to find anything recent on this: is there any plan to reduce the amount of screen real estate the directions block takes up on the screen? We lose about 1/3 of the useful screen space in landscape mode, all the time. It's useful when approaching a turn or the destination, but absolutely useless to take all that space when my next turn is 5, 10, 20, 100 miles away. Any way to toggle it so it only shows up when necessary?
We're constantly working on the UI and trying to make it look (and feel) better. The upcoming version will include more tweaks and improvements.
perlin
Send a message