Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Search Results problem in Delhi NCR. Do you have it too?

Post by lunarplexus
Hi guys,

I've noticed that the search results in the Waze tab are very few or none at all after searching through Navigation.

And going through Categories, no Gas Stations show up at all in the Waze tab. Bing and Foursquare come up with several accurate results but not Waze.

I know POI are limited on the Waze map but I've added many of them myself but very few show up. Is this a problem just for me, Delhi NCR? Or are you facing the same problem in other parts of the country?
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps

POSTER_ID:6097825

Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus
Level 5 Editor | Area Manager: New Delhi NCR | Country Manager: India
Platform: iOS on iPhone 14

Post by lunarplexus
Well, Violetprime, if Wikipedia is to be trusted, there are about 45,000 of them nationwide at last count on 2012. Which means we got a long way to go. But you know what? Every little bit helps. That's what Waze is all about, right? If we all do our bit, the change will be enormous. We just need more Wazers, that's all.
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus

Post by lunarplexus
Indeed. And I find the Foursquare search option to be incredibly accurate and helpful.
lunarplexus
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wazers, keep on Wazin'!

Lunarplexus

Post by Maxakheron
Yes these problems do occur, but many editors are working daily to increase the number of location in and around Delhi. So that we can navigate faster. For now, you can use Google search in navigation to help.
Maxakheron
Send a message

Parithosh
Send a message

Post by tushki_s
Hi abhijit,
Yes, you're right. Waze doesn't displays any results. I read it somewhere that it depends 100% on Google & other third parties for POI's. But for Gas stations i guess, will be displayed only when they're activated but i think at least if Gas Stations could show up in Search, it would have been of a lot help to all of the Wazers in Delhi. Meanwhile i too have been adding as many Gas stations as i can. Hope we map most of'em soon...
tushki_s
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png
AM - Delhi NCR
Iphone 5/OS 6.1.2/Waze 3.6.0.0