How to add friends

Post by jimbaileysr
Hi All:

I have a bunch of friends that use waze. How do I add them as friends without using Facebook? A few of us do not have Facebook accounts and do not believe in Facebook.

Thank you so much.

sOulbAit
jimbaileysr

POSTER_ID:348813

Send a message

Post by civilian75
Well, both the wife and I are in Facebook and Waze, yet we are not Waze friends. :( How can you explain that?
civilian75
Send a message

Post by civilian75
civilian75 wrote:Well, both the wife and I are in Facebook and Waze, yet we are not Waze friends. :( How can you explain that?
I am going to try it again. We are both friends in FB, yet we are not in Waze. Why?
civilian75
Send a message

Post by danmiami
This officially sucks. I have many more people NOT on Facebook.

*bump*
danmiami
Send a message

Post by dezara
I would love to add my mother on Waze but I don't want to add her on Facebook... Facebook is a great social feature, but there should be 'Waze' of adding friends without the means of other social networks...
dezara
Send a message

Post by InaJAM
I agree, why can't we just add friends by searching for them via their email and or nickname?

I refuse to use fb, and even if I did I know there would be people I don't want tracking me.
InaJAM
Send a message

Post by JohnDaddyoclfl
I guess the numbers with FB are large enough that developers don't mind losing those who do not join.
There obviously is a benefit to devs by forcing FB.
Unfortunately for me, it's an app killer if I can't add friends by other means :(
JohnDaddyoclfl
Send a message

Post by mrdando
Even though I actually use Facebook, I REFUSE to allow it to download all my FB contacts to my phone, and I don't see why it needs so much access. I, along with many other people are moving AWAY from Facebook (for obvious reasons) and moving to Google+, etc. Why can't we just add them with an email address? That makes much more sense from a usability standpoint, and since our accounts are tied to this forum, and an email address should be quite simple to implement from a programming standpoint. Thus far, this is the most glaring issue with Waze, but it is a big one for many people - like those that don't like or refuse to allow all the access FB authentication requires.
mrdando
Send a message

Post by neighbortim
WeeeZer14 wrote:Facebook is the only method at this time. As a fellow Facebook avoider, I don't like it either.
Ugh. Who's idea was that?? There is no way I want Facebook following me everywhere I go (physically or intertuby :)

Is it possible to connect, add friends, and then disconnect from Facebook?

- Tim
neighbortim
Send a message

Post by Rynerson27
Waze is already fallowing you so why not facebook? Just set it so only your Friends can see you, or go invisible.
Rynerson27
Send a message