House numbers page

Moderator: Unholy

Re: House numbers page

Postby bretmcvey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:12 pm

I've already tested out under level 4 status and the force feature worked for setting stop points beyond the standard distance as well as for handling some streets where the house numbering may not follow the conventions of keeping the numbers in numerical order.

I'm curious if the client is yet utilizing the new stop points. I've tried one rural example with a longer private drive. I'd assume that given the stop point's position, using that particular address would route to the primary street affiliated with the address and then up the private road that terminates near the stop point.
Plains Region Assistant Regional Coordinator
US Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
bretmcvey
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby CBenson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:20 pm

bretmcvey wrote:I've already tested out under level 4 status and the force feature worked for setting stop points beyond the standard distance as well as for handling some streets where the house numbering may not follow the conventions of keeping the numbers in numerical order.

There seems to be editors that cannot force as noted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44646
If so, the wiki should include the information.

bretmcvey wrote:I'm curious if the client is yet utilizing the new stop points. I've tried one rural example with a longer private drive. I'd assume that given the stop point's position, using that particular address would route to the primary street affiliated with the address and then up the private road that terminates near the stop point.

Why not route there and see?
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.3.0.1
CBenson
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby bretmcvey » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:25 pm

CBenson wrote:Why not route there and see?

Already tried and it didn't work... which is why I'm still curious if that's a limitation in the routing side of things to take a user onto a private road... or if the client has yet to utilize the newly populated house numbers.
Plains Region Assistant Regional Coordinator
US Waze Champ | Country Manager: USA | State Manager: Nebraska
bretmcvey
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:17 pm

bretmcvey wrote:
CBenson wrote:Why not route there and see?

Already tried and it didn't work... which is why I'm still curious if that's a limitation in the routing side of things to take a user onto a private road... or if the client has yet to utilize the newly populated house numbers.

As noted just a few posts up, the search does not use internal Waze house numbers yet.

On forcing: if I would have had any information about forcing limitations, I would have put it in the wiki.
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby Machete808 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:41 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:As noted just a few posts up, the search does not use internal Waze house numbers yet.

Is the delay to provide time to add to the database? The reason I ask is that I wanted to figure out how the system works with Hawaii's weirdly hyphenated house numbers before I start adding in the numbers in the newer subdivisions.

So I've been testing searches for known addresses with the prefix (Bing delivers search results). Without the prefix, as they're entered into WME, seems to deliver similar, though not exactly the same results. I assumed this meant the local database was working. But maybe not.

My guess would be I can start entering in the new house numbers, minus the prefix/hypen, as the imported ones are formatted.
Aloha,
Vicki
Hawaii State Manager
Area manager, Los Angeles
Country manager, Thailand
Image Image
Need support?
support.google.com/waze > Popular topics > FAQs > Other > Open a ticket
Editing links:
How to handle parking lots
Machete808
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor

Postby thefatveganchef » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 am

Alan, one thing that you need to add in the flow for forced. If you need to add a house number outside of the allowed area, you need to save the number first in the allowed area then go back and move the markers to where the house/street is. If you don't do this it will throw out the modified/deleted error and make you start over. My house and my dad's house is 1/10 - 2/10 away from the main road, and just added the numbers to the houses and the above flow was the only way to get the numbers to save and stick.
Last edited by thefatveganchef on Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added " in the allowed area"
thefatveganchef

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:06 pm

crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Alan, one thing that you need to add in the flow for forced. If you need to add a house number outside of the allowed area, you need to save the number first in the allowed area then go back and move the markers to where the house/street is.

Updated.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:19 pm

FORCE - Limitation by editor level
CBenson wrote:There seems to be editors that cannot force as noted here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=44646
If so, the wiki should include the information.

For the Wiki here http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Hous ... rs#Forcing can someone confirm the actual limitation? Is there a minimum editor level? I think it should be easy enough to add once we have the info.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby kentsmith9 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Split Roads

Do we want to simply say if a road is split be sure to add only house numbers on the side of the street accessible to those drivers? I think it is simple enough to say and understand.

Also split roads have the added complexity of people unsplitting them and losing the house number data on one side of the street (depending upon which segments are kept). I wonder if we need to propose a feature to "merge segments" to retain house numbers and other road details.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:33 pm

kentsmith9 wrote:Split Roads

Do we want to simply say if a road is split be sure to add only house numbers on the side of the street accessible to those drivers? I think it is simple enough to say and understand.

Also split roads have the added complexity of people unsplitting them and losing the house number data on one side of the street (depending upon which segments are kept). I wonder if we need to propose a feature to "merge segments" to retain house numbers and other road details.

I'm not sure we have enough information to act on this yet. We don't know if house numbers should be added to only one side of a split street. Might there be a reason to add it to both? (can't think of any off-hand).

Also, I'm not sure about the merging thing. If you take both sides and put them together and turned to two-way, do all house numbers remain?
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Wiki Updates and Discussion