Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

WE HAVE PROVINCES!!!

Post by doctorkb
Woo hoo! We have provinces now! Just try editing an address... you'll see!

What great news, and happy Easter and Passover, Waze staff!
doctorkb
Answers: 4

POSTER_ID:37371

Send a message

Post by doctorkb
That is strange.

I wonder if there was a time overlap between when I was renaming "City of Thunder Bay" and when they were implementing the province code...
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by doctorkb
WME-Addons does that... But won't edit the State field separately from the City. It was real fun working on Sault Ste Marie, let me tell you!
doctorkb
Send a message

Post by invented
Spil wrote:Just a quick note for those who might have been hoping for an opportunity to pick up a few billion points ;) by adding the province name to existing segments -- sorry, but they've been pre-filled for your convenience. :P
I haven't found one segment in the city of Thunder Bay, ON to have Ontario assigned to it...
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
doctorkb wrote:That is strange.

I wonder if there was a time overlap between when I was renaming "City of Thunder Bay" and when they were implementing the province code...
I haven't found a new version of the WME add-on that supports mass-editing of individual properties inside a selected landmark yet. Have you? Like how would one change just the State field without blanking out the City or Road name?
invented
Send a message

Post by JoWhee
I've found that streets with no town name will not have a province associated with them, or the wrong province. It's kind of weird, Quebec seems to be paired with Alberta, and Ontario seems to be paired with PEI.
JoWhee
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Spil
Just a quick note for those who might have been hoping for an opportunity to pick up a few billion points ;) by adding the province name to existing segments -- sorry, but they've been pre-filled for your convenience. :P

Canadian CM's -- you might want to take a look along the borders between provinces just to make sure that the segments are properly assigned to the correct side of the boundary; other than that, there shouldn't be anything extra that you'll have to do as a result of this. I already checked out part of the Ontario / New York border, and what I've seen so far has been correct. 8-)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png