Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by orbitc
Alan,
In order for you to see the World server roads you need Waze to add you to World servers. I had similar experience. I was able to see any road whatsoever until they added me to the world server. Perhaps, that's why your UR's also shows in the NA servers as well. I might be wrong...but I'm speaking from my experience.

edit: I would've thought that MX is part of world server?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
Regional Coordinator for Northeast & New England
•Tier1 •USA Coordinator •Global Champ & Mentor
•iOS & WME ßeta Tester •Beacon, CCP & Wiki Master
•Master Raiders •Localization •Content Raider

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Orbitc, there are two infrastructures but one account. I've edited outside the US before with no issues.

Jason, this is nowhere near gettingthere's area. It's clear from the screenshots that the app was showing the world server maps.
Where were you edited outside the US?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
orbitc wrote:Where were you edited outside the US?
Honduras.
My experience is this:
If I logged in NA server I can see and edit roads in USA. See UR's and fix issues and points earn goes to NA server. While I'm logged in to NA server I cannot see any road segments in Europe.
When I logged in to World server, I can see and edit roads in Turkey. See UR's and fix issues and points earn goes to World server. While I'm logged in to World server I cannot see any road segments in NA.
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think you are missing my point. The app, when driving there, showed the World server road network, but my recorded roads and URs appear on the NA editor.
Is that happen because you were not added (user name) to the world sever perhaps?
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!

Post by orbitc
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
orbitc wrote: Is that happen because you were not added (user name) to the world sever perhaps?
This is something which doesn't make sense to me and not something I've ever heard of in 3 years. We've never advised anyone going on travel between infrastructures that they need to create another account. In fact, just the opposite: there is one account for both with the same password. It's always been that way. When I traveled to Honduras this is exactly how it worked and it worked just fine.
What I was saying is...You still use the same user name and password but, the activities shows corresponding servers. Perhaps, if you never added to other server your activities goes to your original server. And again...I might be wrong. ;)
orbitc
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

USA | MapRaid!