Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by Olestas
You should ask for toll option to be enabled for your country.
Olestas
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by orit_y
Hi,

We added the toll roads feature in;

1. Russia
2. Bosnia & Herzegowin

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Send a message

Post by orit_y
Hi,

Starting today we activated the toll roads feature in Malaysia.
All thanks to the hard work of the Malaysian community! great job!

Best,
Orit
orit_y
Send a message

Post by ottonomy
I would like to see some differentiation in settings based upon whether a toll road is automated-only (no pay booths, but only sensors for on-board chips or transponders, like FastTrak) or a traditional toll road, where one can pay at a booth on a one-time basis. I don't mind paying for toll roads on occasion, when they will save me a great deal of time, so I leave the "avoid toll roads" setting switched to off. The problem is, sometimes Waze will direct me onto a toll road which has no option to pay as I go, and I have to figure out on the fly how to get out of the situation. In some cases, the "toll road" is actually just a toll lane, separated by some kind of barrier from the main road. When I don't enter that lane after Waze has instructed me to, because I have not got the required transponder device in my vehicle, Waze doesn't understand that I am now driving parallel on the main road instead, and as such will fail to give me the correct exit instructions, as the toll lanes sometimes exit to the left, and at different locations from the main road.
ottonomy
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor
Send a message
Country Manager & Global Champ - United States
Regional Coordinator - Southwest USA
Area Manager - Southern California

Post by paulkok_my
etatan wrote:Please enable this option for Malaysia. The maps for BOTH tolled roads and roads without toll are already comprehensively comprehended in the Waze maps.

The issue I am faced with currently is the option to "avoid toll roads" was available when i used Waze while I was driving in Australia, and i turned it on in order to avoid the toll roads - as i was driving a rental car, and did not have a toll tag.

Now that I am back in Malaysia, the option has disappeared from my Waze menu (same device), and i am stuck with the option being enabled. Waze is consistently asking me to use the old trunk roads (no toll), when the tolled roads (all highways) is the better option..

Thanks!
Have you tried un-tick the avoid toll OR better still un-install the client and re-install back? By default when you re-install back the client, the avoid toll feature is not available for Malaysia yet. However we are in the process of getting the feature enabled for Malaysia as we have achieved the 90% target required for this feature to be enabled. You can read the toll road progress here
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
miomiguel wrote:Hi,

I was in the US and enabled the avoid toll roads option. Which is all fine. But now I went back to the Philippines and the option disappeared but it still keeps avoiding toll roads. (Which I do not want because avoiding the toll roads here means an extra 2 hours of driving). Is it possible for me to turn this off?
Try a clean re-install and see whether it helps.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
Make sure you used the same log in ID as before.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
muchomac wrote:I have a problem with this feature. It messed up my ability to trust Waze routes.
While visiting California, I had to enable the avoid toll roads feature since I was driving a rental car and did not want to deal with the hassle.
Anyway, forgot to turn it off and flew back to Puerto Rico. Now the button disappeared but the feature is turned on. So, it is avoiding all toll roads. Well, I do believe all toll toads have been mapped in Waze for Puerto Rico. This makes it for a fun ride when Waze is now telling me to take long scenic routes and all ETAs are actually double of the usual time. Frustrating!
So, can it be turned ON in Puerto Rico, please?
If your country does not have the avoid toll feature, the only way is to do a clean re-install.

Un-install the app, delete the waze folder and re-install. That should solve the problem.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by paulkok_my
jasonh300 wrote:
paulkok_my wrote:
Un-install the app, delete the waze folder and re-install. That should solve the problem.
I think the question is, if all of the toll roads in Puerto Rico have been mapped, why hasn't the feature been enabled for Puerto Rico?
After re-reading,
muchomac wrote:Well, I do believe all toll toads have been mapped in Waze for Puerto Rico.
, you are right.

I searched the forum and wiki and can't seem to find much info pertaining to the toll roads for Puerto Rico to confirm that all toll roads has been mapped. Could it be the reason the feature is not enabled?

For us in Malaysia, we started a project to identify all the toll roads in Malaysia and got all the editors to chip in to tick on the segments that has toll.

We also used the forum in Malaysia to track the Toll Road Progress based on feedback from the editors before updating to the wiki.

That is how we got the feature enabled.
paulkok_my
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by petervdveen
But it should say it is including toll-roads.
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators
Send a message
Coordinator Waze Netherlands

Click here to sign-up for slack, our communication platform

Contact by email: NL - BE - Lux - Benelux