Can't rename "usa_" userid, what to do?

Post by usa_6elo2ik1
When I initially connected to Waze I didn't know what to expect. I connected via Facebook and took a look and really liked what I saw. So, after a couple of days I went to the website to dig further and decided that I really wanted to participate. So far everything was great!

But then I went and got a password reset sent to my "temporary" ID which I used to log in to the waze.com web site and that's when the "temporary" ID became "permanent" only it's not a full member of the site!

In particular I cannot become an Area Manager!

I really enjoy the map editing and I've got a few points doing some corrections and stuff. I'd love to be an area manager for my local area but I may not because I have the dreaded "usa_" ID! And there doesn't seem to be any way to convert that from a temp to a permanent ID.

The only option I have been given is to abandon that ID, reconnect with Waze as a different person, and start over. I would lose all my points that I have accumulated. Not that there are a lot of points but they would be lost.

And then I'd have the problem with the old email address that would need to be expunged from the system so that I could reconnect with Facebook. I'm not at all sure how I would get that done.

Why is this so difficult and why can't I just get my "usa_" ID upgraded to a "real" ID?

I sure would like an easy solution!

Bill W
CT
usa_6elo2ik1

POSTER_ID:14438730

Send a message
Bill Waggoner (CTGreybeard)
Western Connecticut

Post by AndyPoms
Go to http://world.waze.com/support and search "username" (without the quotes) and you should get instructions to change your temporary account to a full one. We've had a few reports of those instructions not working, but it is still worth trying. Look at the first sentence in the results, there's a link you need to click on.

IF those steps doesn't work (there have been some issues), try doing it in this order:
davipt wrote: If you used facebook, try the following:
- remove the app
- reinstall the app
- on start, click on login and then login with Facebook
- double check it's your account on wazer->my wazer -> age of your account for example
- follow the faq instructions: settings->waze account-> register -> enter new username, pass, nickname and the email address, which can be the one from Facebook, of if you get an error, any other email.
- login into the client with that username
- on the forum, click on the footer on the "clear all cookies" and login with the new account.

The trick is to start from scratch, login with Facebook to regain the world_account, and *then* create the real account.
If that CT means what I think it means, once you get your new account setup PM me so I can get you up to speed on what's going on in Connecticut.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CTGreybeard
Hurray!

Your first suggestion didn't work because I had already logged in before. There was no Join button.

But the second worked fine. I deleted the APP, restarted the iPhone for grins, reinstalled the APP. When I opened it up I went through the sign in with Facebook and then created a new userid, CTGreybeard. It even let me use the "regular" email address that I used before.

So, I think I'm all set. I'm going to apply for Area Manager next using my brand new ID.

Oh, and I still have all my points! :D

Thanks for your help!

Bill W
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by CTGreybeard
Got the answer quickly in the Community forum. I had to delete the cookies and all is well.
CTGreybeard
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
It's been done but it's complicated. There's another recent thread in the forums that describes how to do it or how it was done. But if you don't have a lot of points it may be easier just to start over with a new account. Once you get into editing, the points you have now will be insignificant.

I can't easily search for that other thread using Tapatalk but if you search the forums for USA, you may be able to find it.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Kuhlkatz
Kudos for updating this thread with the resolution as well.
It might just benefit someone discovering the highly underestimated and underutilised 'search' facility. :wink:

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by usa_6elo2ik1
Thanks, Andy. I'll try those suggestions.

And, yes, I'm in Bethel, CT.

Bill W
usa_6elo2ik1
Send a message
Western Connecticut

Post by usa_6elo2ik1
Well, this is strange.

My forum "username" reverted back to the usa_ ID. It was correct for a while and switched back. It lost my signature too.

I'll have to see if I can get a forum admin to fix it ... :|
usa_6elo2ik1
Send a message
Western Connecticut