Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Forum rules
Welcome to the Belgium Community forum!

Ask us any question here. Or if you want to chat with us, join the Waze BeLux Slack:

https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeopedia-files/b/be/Slack-invitation-banner.png
(click the image to join the Slack)

Official Waze Belgium Meeting - 26 October 2013 (13H)

Post by
Waze Meeting!!

Date: 26th of October
Where: Best Western Brussels (Groot-bijgaarden)
Time: 13h - 18h

http://goo.gl/maps/ujfOm

Facebook Event

Waze Navigation link:
(Mobile only)
Navigate!
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht= ... .gd/llQdU7

Application FORM

POSTER_ID:213312

Send a message

Post by annickdw
steveningelbrecht wrote:PS: die sticker-toer, :-), was eigenlijk een verplaatsing die ik zoiezo moest maken, en heb gewoon, nogal impulsief, wat meer tijd voorzien en deze 'actie' opgezet. Uiteindelijk 2 Wazers een sticker kunnen bezorgen, en met verschillende anderen in contact gekomen, maar mijn timing, en hun
timing, was niet altijd even compatibel...

Was het spreekwoordelijke 'sop de kolen waard', weet ik nu niet echt, maar heeft me niet echt veel meer moeite bezorgd.

Wel enkele leuke reacties gehad, dus misschien te herhalen, maar dan iets beter voorbereid, en misschien met wat meer gadgets dan een sticker ?!
Wat me wel opgevallen is, is dat relatief weinig mensen reageren op een bericht dat ze krijgen via de app... Vermoedelijk is niet iedereen even handig om aan het stuur te zitten i.c.m. berichten lezen en/of versturen of hanteren maar weinig mensen speech-to-text.

Zijn er trouwens eventueel voorstellen of suggesties voor nog 'acties' ?!
Speech-to-text reageert niet zo goed in Nederlands...

en in mijn vorige wagen kon ik mijn phone in een kaartenbakje rechtop zetten... in de nieuwe... ligt hij binnen handbereik, of staat hij rechtop 'net buiten handbereik', waardoor ik moet ernaartoe moet reiken... lukt soms wel, maar niet in elke verkeerssituatie ;) (en een melding maken is moeilijker, aangezien je dan vaak extra moet opletten omdat de wegsituatie die je wilt melden het ietske gevaarlijker maakt :roll: )

Maar voor mij persoonlijk was de actie niet in de regio waar ik rijdt, en ik moest werken die dag, dus geen tijd voor excuses om een omweg te maken ;)
Lionsauvaga wrote:I will be please to participate to one of the meeting to may be give idea and help out somehow :)
Because may be Belgium is small but with one of the greatest traffic jam in Europe. So let's make Belgium with Waze... A new and pleasant way to drive our cities and follow our roads.
Wazers... Keep up to date!
Cheers up!
greatest traffic jam in Europe... :oops: :mrgreen: :roll: Cheers !!
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
or an online way of talking? (individual, but also in group)

TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Skype, Google HangOuts ??? can be used any time (and talking while coaching is faster)... for coaching or meetings... even for timed events...

while rereading this forum... the discussion about coaching others was in the time I was still level1... now i'm level 3... I allready tried to contact a few people (but no response), but to be honest, I feel a bit shy to contact persons that are using Waze longer than me... I might have been editing more actively, looking at the scoreboard I probably have edited more... but it feels a bit weird :roll: :oops: in my position of junior editor/Wazer :mrgreen:
(I don't mind... it 's just that I noticed I'm in a weird position at the moment... -contacting persons who're using Waze longer than i am-... I guess I should work towards 100k edits to proove myself for myself :roll: )
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
petervdveen wrote:Waze Meeting!!

The meeting will probably be the 19 or 26th of October.

The location will probably be between Antwerp and Brussels and we will have a Waze delegation visiting us from Israel.

Any idea's or questions are welcome of course!
Between Antwerp and Brussels...
preferably (free) parking nearby...
and how will the Israel delegation reach destination? (airplane, and than?) preferably nearby airport or nearby train station or ?
time frame? a half day? two half days? evening?
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
sirKitKat wrote:
petervdveen wrote:They will rent a car and arrive a day earlier to do a sight see-ing trip ;-)
Looks like they will just drive around with waze running and checking the quality of the map ;) We must send them through the tunnels in Brussels, the variable speed limit signs in Antwerp and the long speed trap between Erpe-Mere and Wetteren ;)
if we're going like that... also the 'weefstroken' and 'spitsstroken' :lol:
annickdw
Send a message

Post by annickdw
stefaanschroeyers wrote:They will also have an exiting trip to avoid all "puttekes" :lol:
Past op he!!! Putte hebben we alvast in tweevoud ;)
annickdw
Send a message

Post by bartdesmedt
As for topics on such a meeting: a short review of the progress on the map? Some statistics on the (active) community/ app users,...
Also a summery of stuff Waze is working on, new features,...
bartdesmedt
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
AM for Center of West-Flanders

Post by BartVO
If it's not on the other side of the country (coast), I'll try to be there.
BartVO
Send a message