Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Not navigating properly

Post by DeniseHS
Hello,

I have a Galaxy S3 phone.

When I went from one point to another in my car using waze everything was perfect, I saw a triangle moving around and the map automatically moving in perfect way.

From one week it only shows me a circle with a point inside that moves from one part of the map to another but not showing the exact route of my car.

I tried everything, configuration, change stuff, gps on and off and I still can not have using the waze that I use to be.

Any help?

Thanks a lot.
DeniseHS

POSTER_ID:13351535

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This suggests a GPS issue with the phone. The crosshairs location indicator means that less accurate GPS data is being used, one with a much lower accuracy/higher margin of error, such as a-GPS.

iOS and Tapatalk have conspired to screw up this post.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
waveinabox wrote: and the ubiquitous stop light cameras here in Chicago are all gone as well. Help!
Do you mean you are not even seeing the RLC markers, just not announcing?
Some cameras stopped announcing and is a known issue. I saw the load of cameras in the editor last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by DeniseHS
The gps works fine, with google map shows perfect the location and in waze too, the problem is when moving in waze... Very strange it worked great until last week.

I also uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks.
DeniseHS
Send a message

Post by remydog
I'm having the same problem. Was working great until two days ago when we had a rain storm. During the storm, problems, but now that the storm has cleared, Waze still can't get a fix. Google Maps and other apps are doing just fine.

This happened to me before in storms, cut after a few minutes, it would finally get a read and work properly. This time, no dice.
remydog
Send a message

Post by remydog
What - are you guys messing with me? Right after I posted, my car icon appeared and I think I now have a proper GPS lock in Waze. You did something to fix it, didn't you?

Now if could just get the Windows key on my keyboard to behave properly.
remydog
Send a message

Post by waveinabox
I am having this problem as well. and it also happened shortly after some storms. but that was two weeks ago. still not working while google maps spot on. I miss my waze. also i don't see as many other wazers out there like i used to. and the ubiquitous stop light cameras here in Chicago are all gone as well. Help!
waveinabox
Send a message