Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.2.1 2017-08-16

Post by bgodette
Version 0.2.1
This is now a Chrome Webstore Extension
Chrome Webstore
2017-08-16: Modified @include preventing loading.
2017-08-09: Fixed loading issues.
2017-08-01: Reworked GPID linking again in reaction to new Beta+Prod.
2017-07-25: Reworked GPID linking.
2017-03-23: Reworked code so doesn't pollute global vars, updated to use SetTurn, jQuery based Google Place ID linkification instead of modifying WME code.
2016-12-25: Fix linkifying with new WME prod/beta.
2016-05-26: Google Place IDs should now be reliably linkified, and now open to a specific targeted tab.
2016-05-25: Patches WME for when linking a new Google Place it returns results from a 2 mile radius first.
2016-04-27: Restricted URLs JNF operates on. Added turning GPIDs into URLs that open the place in a new tab.
2014-12-23: Update to changes in Beta WME. Removes Features reload after successful save, lets see if WME has fixed the stale data problem...

Checks WME's API to make sure used objects and functions exist and are the correct type. This works as long as function argument order doesn't change. Next step is to regex match on function contents to confirm arg order.

Makes cameras visible at zoom 0.
Updates keyboard pan amount by 1/4th the map view height.
Saves and persists turn arrow visibility and clickability between reloads/permalinks.
Saves and persists Full-screen mode.

Hooks into replaces 'q' (Disable All Turns) and does these actions on the selected node:
  • Enables U-Turn and locks all turns at dead-end nodes. Changed Behavior
  • Fixes any self and reverse connectivity issues
  • Converts single node roundabouts (lollipops) and loops into a three segment loop. Any existing house numbers will be associated with the middle segment and MUST BE EDITED after save to update their stop point.
  • If two or more segments are connected to the same two segments, it will split one of them. Same rules as SameNode.js bookmarklet.
  • Terminates dead-ends
  • Makes dead-ends two-way (only if both ends of the segment are visible)
  • Sets the Type of a roundabouts using lowest of two highest rule and sets country/state if needed
  • For UK sets Type of roundabouts using highest type excluding Freeway rule.
  • Removes revcon (turns into wrong-direction of one-way), and selfcon (U-Turns at non-dead ends). Once the app has real support for U-Turns selfconf will be left alone
  • Locks all turns at selected node.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

POSTER_ID:2534637

Send a message

Post by BellHouse
OK, I see. Well, this works fine for me. :?

Just to be sure: which version of JNF are you running? I am not aware that the current 0.0.9.6 produces any button "Automatically fix node (Q)".
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Bug: If I use JNF's Q key function on a 2 segment roundabout,

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... b&download

JNF introduces an extra node into the roundabout. After saving it looks like this:

https://www.bellinghausen-online.de/own ... 9&download

Note the extra node on the south end of the roundabout.

I think this behaviour is correct for non-roundabout segments, to avoid same connection segments. But on roundabouts I think this is wrong, as the extra node will disturb the exit counting (particularly if the exits are not so nicely on opposite ends of the roundabout as in my example). Therefore I suggest to skip the same connection segment check on roundabout segments.

So I think JNF should do nothing if I press Q in the example above.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
*Sigh* Well, ok, thanks for your comments.

I still do have my problems with us scripters masking bugs which Waze should have solved years ago, but I know by now that this is how it works. Just imagine how many unneeded junctions are around in the map, just because of this display issue with same connection segments. :roll:
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
serega_12 wrote:Getting the following error:
The page at https://www.waze.com says:
WME junction node fixer has failed to load due to API check: W.map
What can I do to fix it?
Looks strange to me, as W.map is part of the current API. Are you getting this regularly, or was it maybe just a one-time hickup?
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
bgodette wrote:
Kinematic wrote:[...]Why the permissions to *docs.google.com / *editor-beta.waze.com /* spreadsheets.google.com / * waze.com

I'm not concerned that it's stealing information, I'm assuming it's gathering segment information?
I don't use TB, but it may be accessing a Google sheet of Area Managers, State Managers, Region Managers, Country Managers and champs? If that's the case they could be more specific about the permission url.
Yes, be assured that this question has been asked around 4 times (and answered at least 3 times ;)) in the Toolbox thread.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by BellHouse
Within Toolbox, we had to adopt the internal JNF code after the WME update in April '18, as some things have changed in WME API with respect to detecting the selected objects. Since standalone JNF has not been patched since then, I assume this is still broken.
BellHouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
IMO we should split the segment with the lower road type (i.e. parking lot rather than highway), or the longer one, or the segment with the higher ID. That is the tie-breaker I'm using in Validator...
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by berestovskyy
Timbones wrote:As this script is not packaged for Chrome, there's no way to specify what permissions it has
There is @match key:
http://wiki.greasespot.net/Metadata_Block#.40match
berestovskyy
Send a message

Post by bgodette
NorfolkMustard wrote:This script has been great, in conjunction with the colour highlighter script to identify iffy junctions.

Thanks for the full screen save,too. Are you able to save the ordering of the layers, too? I always prefer the GPS later under the roads but it reverts after a refresh/permalink

Cheers
Might be possible.

It's all my phone's fault for using Tapatalk.
bgodette
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message