[Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.8.2 2014-01-29

Postby bz2012 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:11 pm

Have you tried loading it via tampermonkey?
bz2012

Postby CBenson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:14 pm

While primarily a display issue, I believe there are some minor end-user experience/routing issues that are addressed as well. First, if the route begins or ends on a segment that connects with another segment at both ends, I think that sometimes the route is shown beginning or ending on the other segment. Second, if your route includes a segment that shares end nodes with another segment, if you deviate onto the other segment, it seems that waze does recalculate the route (admittedly not a significant problem as you end up at the same point anyway).

EDIT: I meant, waze does not recalculate the route.
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby CBenson » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:19 pm

doctorkb wrote:Ok -- but making the change (i.e. putting that node in there) can introduce a few things:
1. if it's on a corner (a likely place for a geometry node, where the junction would be created), there could suddenly be a "turn left" or "turn right" instruction when before there was none.

2. there will be an additional penalty introduced (at least until the routing engine gets better knowledge of traffic)

So does it not make sense to penalize the lower-classed street first?

I have never received a turn instruction at a point like this. Do you have a example of one that does, it would be interesting to determine when the instruction is given and when it is not.

Why will there be an additional penalty? Waze told us ages ago there was a penalty to pass every junction node, but later told us that if the node only connects two segments the penalty is "null."
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Altantic, US
Verizon, Droid Razr Maxx HD, Android 4.1.2, Waze 3.7.9.909
CBenson
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Re: [Script] WME Junction Node Fixer v0.0.7.5 Dec 23 2012

Postby CTGreybeard » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I've got a node here that JNF says has seven reverse connections but doesn't want to fix it. I've cleared several in the area but this one won't go away.

I'm new to this script so it may be the loose nut at the keyboard ... :o
Bill W
AM: Northwestern Connecticut, Putnam & Dutchess Counties, New York
Home: Bethel, Connecticut

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

WME JNF v0.0.7.6+Chrome turn arrows grayed out

Postby CTGreybeard » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:46 pm

I'm running 0.0.7.6 under Chrome 27.0.1453.110 and a strange thing has just started happening. When I highlight a segment the turns are all "grayed out" and can't be changed. I can click on a node and change All Allowed or All Disallowed but I can't change individual arrows or u-turns. If I disable the extension and reload the page then I can change the arrows individually.

The same version running under Firefox doesn't show the same problem.

I know it was fine earlier today under Chrome. Maybe I'm just going nuts. :?:
Bill W

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Turn arrows FIXED

Postby CTGreybeard » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Got it! Apparently I had hit "a" at some point. Which dims the turn arrows. And I guess it's "sticky" because it persists across browser starts. Why turning off the script "fixed" it I have no idea but at least I've got the function back in Chrome.
Bill W

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby CTGreybeard » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:28 pm

paulkok_my wrote:Agreed. So in order for JNF to work, one of the turns MUST be allowed in order for it to work. :D

I don't think so. Try this:

Create a new segment that attaches to an existing segment. It naturally does NOT have and end-node that JNF would add.

Click the junction node where the new segment attaches to the existing road.

DISALLOW All Turns.

Check each of the three segments that No turns are allowed.

Highlight the new junction node and Press Q

JNF "fixes" the unterminated segment even though No Turns are allowed at the connecting node.

I'm not familiar with the old Cartouche interface but, from what I have been able to gather, that interface actually deleted turns when they were disallowed. This could lead to a node with no turn instances at all. And the script needed those turn instances to discover the problem segment. It appears that the current interface leaves disallowed turns in place but marks them as disallowed. Therefore the script has the turn instance to reference and can do its "magic" whether the turn is allowed or now, it's still listed at the node as a turn.
Bill W

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby CTGreybeard » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:48 am

jasonh300 wrote:You keep mentioning the .crx. The current version is a *.user.js. There was a .crx version for that time period when Chrome had a bug that wouldn't allow the *.user.js scripts to work. Be sure you have the most current version before proceeding. http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/144939

Now you have me confused! In my Chrome I have always used the .crx version and I was under the impression that the .js would not work. AFAIK he supplies both the .js and the .crx for exactly that reason.
Bill W

CTGreybeard
Beta tester
Beta tester

Postby dave3825us » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:58 am

I was using this with tampermonkey in chrome and under grease monkey in firefox. It worked great. For what ever reason, it has stopped working on both...
dave3825us

Postby dave3825us » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:08 pm

So now I have uninstalled and re-installed everything and its not working. Tamper-monkey and all scripts in chrome and the same with grease-monkey in firefox.

Is this jnf working for anyone else?
dave3825us

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts