Vehicle types/ Navigation types

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: Vehicle types/ Navigation types

Postby rendy1287 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:02 pm

Motorcycle mode: Only motorcycle can ride here with very small street, sometimes bicycle can ride here too
Bus mode: Only public bus can drive here (especially public bus with bus lane, ex: Busway)
Walking mode: Only pedestrian can walk here, the street is rising likes stairs, etc
Papago X9 - Sygic 12.2.2 - Waze
Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.2 - Windows 7
rendy1287
Localizers
Localizers

Postby Sigmun » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:55 am

Motorcycle mode : different traffic and time computation (all roads doesn't take the same time by car and by motorbike). In France, usable roads are the same for motorcycle and car.
cheers

Wazing on iPhone App... (as sigmun84)
Area Manager : EstEnsemble, Seine-Saint-Denis, France
Sigmun

Postby leocylau » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

1 - Truck (1st priority):
WME to provide choices of road type: Weak bridge/narrow road/low bridge...
2 - Bus (2nd priority):
WME to proivde choices of road type: Bus lane/no car lane...
3 - Train (no necessary)
4 - Bicycle/walk (NO):
The recent map is already complicated. We can have it in the future but it's better to have an other bicycle map using other WME.
Vehicle types will give us some benefit but just wonder it will cause routing problem as Toll road does :?
UK WikiWaze StatusUK Forum

'For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.' 1 Cor. 10:33b

Newcastle upon Tyne AM, HK CM
Motorola Razr i
leocylau
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mjepson » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I would love to have navigation for the motorcycle, based on how "nice" the roads are. I know there are maps for Garmin that have scored the roads on their view or on their curves (we love good curves). You can use these when just riding for fun and it calculates a route from A to B using nice roads, rather than the fastest ones.
I know this would be a lot of work to implement and to have wazers score the roads based on these criteria, but a man can dream!
mjepson

Postby syntax2600 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:45 pm

I was going to suggest adding a police car / squad car.

Some of us Wazers drive those and rack up a ton of miles and map edits. and some of us even post our own police reports. :)
syntax2600

Postby davipt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:54 pm

syntax2600 wrote:I was going to suggest adding a police car / squad car.

Some of us Wazers drive those and rack up a ton of miles and map edits. and some of us even post our own police reports. :)

So I guess the first thing to ask is a Waze mood for Police, so we can see you driving on the map and avoid you ;) (not kidding, a Police mood could make sense, ask it!)
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby orbitc » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:08 pm

davipt wrote:

So I guess the first thing to ask is a Waze mood for Police, so we can see you driving on the map and avoid you ;) (not kidding, a Police mood could make sense, ask it!)

What about fireman? and EMT?
Regional Coordinator for Northeast (DE, NJ, NY, PA) & New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT)
• ßeta Tester
• iOS ßeta: Always the latest version
• WME ßeta

WME | Mentoring | AM | USA
orbitc
Master Raider
Master Raider

Postby syntax2600 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:32 am

davipt wrote:

It's not a bad idea at all. I personally like the idea of creating a police awareness. If people slow down and potentially create an opportunity for a decrease in crashes and what not I'm all for it.

I'd use a police mood. Why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
syntax2600

Postby harling » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:41 am

syntax2600 wrote:
davipt wrote:So I guess the first thing to ask is a Waze mood for Police, so we can see you driving on the map and avoid you ;) (not kidding, a Police mood could make sense, ask it!)

I'd use a police mood. Why not?

In some jurisdictions, the police with whom Wazers concern themselves are more in the revenue business than the safety business (for whom case a "Police" mood would be self-defeating).
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.
harling

Postby davipt » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:15 pm

harling wrote:In some jurisdictions, the police with whom Wazers concern themselves are more in the revenue business than the safety business (for whom case a "Police" mood would be self-defeating).

In some countries like Portugal the police is trying hard to clean up their "corrupt" image and are actively participating in the Internet, from supporting directly websites that collects all radars in Portugal (fixed and hot spots), as well as announcing in advance on their Facebook page the places they will perform stop/speed control operations.

The only thing remaining is to publish their unidentified vehicle license plates, but whoever really wants to know can easily discover them.

So I'm sure some of those cops will use Waze and would love to use the police mood.

They are heavily advertising on tv and magazines about "prevention". Of course there are always black sheeps looking for the ticket money at 3 in the morning.
ImageBruno D. Rodrigues | Global Champ
Coordinator for Portugal | Expert iPhone and others
Forum PT | Wiki PT | Facebook PT | Twitter PT
davipt
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App