[Script] WME Add-Ons V0.45 ==> Features moved in WME Toolbox

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderator: Unholy

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Add-Ons V0.43

Postby doctorkb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:41 am

invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:
invented wrote:I'm finding that editing the City field inside a lot of segments selected inside a landmark results in the segment name being wiped out en masse. Pretty dangerous.

Are you using the Properties window of Addons, or the standard address editing area in WME?

The Properties field in WME Add-Ons.

Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...
Waze Global Champ, Mentor, WME Toolbox Project Manager
Country Manager: Canada
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby fvwazing » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:23 am

Corruption... in what sense?
Waze jezelf!
600K+ edits
AM for some 25.000 km² around Maastricht, the Netherlands
iPhone 3Gs / iOS 6.0.1
fvwazing
Country Manager
Country Manager

Postby doctorkb » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:46 am

fvwazing wrote:Corruption... in what sense?

Invented is reporting that street names are getting lost.
Area Manager: Edmonton, AB; Prince George, BC; Maui, HI; Georgetown, KY and various places in between
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby vectorspace » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:08 pm

doctorkb wrote:Invented is reporting that street names are getting lost.

I am seeing this too, but I am seeing it when I use "select entire street" or ctrl-A. I don't think this has to just do with the WME scripts and landmarks.

I have been renaming a lot of roads for a couple reasons. One is to unsplit US-70 where it should not have been split in the first place. I am renaming via Ctrl-A, US-70 W or US Hwy 70 W to US-70, for instance.

In some cases, even when I am down at the 20m level and Ctrl-A only selects one or a few segments, the name and city information will be wiped out. I only noticed it because such segments now turn red. I also noticed this in another area I had edited a while back, but the changes were off the screen. I went back later and the roads were red and all city and street name information was wiped out.

There definitely is a bug in the machine somewhere regarding this issue. I was trying to reproduce it reliably so I could post about it, but saw this thread and decided to mention it. It seems sporadic, so I have not been able to always reproduce.
vectorspace
vectorspace

Postby invented » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:46 pm

doctorkb wrote:
Funny. I've been doing it without issue. In fact, most of the lower mainland of BC has been subject to it.

How many segments are you selecting? I try to keep each change to ~150-200 as I'm told higher numbers can lead to corruption...

I've had bad luck with smaller selections as well. I'm not sure what's doing it. And then I've had higher-quantity selections where it works fine. I just always have to click on various segments before hitting Save to make sure the city name stays intact.
HTC one, GPE, Android 4.4
invented

Postby doctorkb » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:50 pm

invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:

I've had bad luck with smaller selections as well. I'm not sure what's doing it. And then I've had higher-quantity selections where it works fine. I just always have to click on various segments before hitting Save to make sure the city name stays intact.

When you've made these, do you recall your save counter? (i.e. the number on the save button). That is what I meant by keeping each change in the ~150 range.
ImageImageImage
doctorkb
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby invented » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:42 pm

doctorkb wrote:
invented wrote:
doctorkb wrote:

When you've made these, do you recall your save counter? (i.e. the number on the save button). That is what I meant by keeping each change in the ~150 range.
that's what I meant by 'smaller selections', even ones below 150 edits.
invented

Postby invented » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:18 pm

It seems to be a Windows 8 thing. I reloaded Windows 7 and I haven't been able to duplicate.
invented

Postby beffl » Fri May 03, 2013 8:00 pm

I Hi!
I'm using the new Version 4.4 with its feature "lockrank". I really love it, as we now better downgrade our majors from L5 to L3.

The only thing what's not so nice is that

L1 is lockrank 0
L2 is lockrank 1
L5 is lockrank 4

I would preffer seeing the L1 as "1" and L5 as "5"

Thanks, for your great work,
Stefan
Cheers,
Beffl - CM AT + DE
Wiki Portal Österreich: Image | Waze Austria auf: Image Image Image
Wie Waze Routen kalkuliert | KISS | Der richtige Start beim Editieren
Waze iOS 3.7 | iPhone4s | iPad4
beffl
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers

Postby invented » Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm

Segments with "Ontario" as 'State' get inadvertently renamed to "New York" with City = "Niagara Falls".

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&lat ... TTTFTTTTFT

Steps to reproduce:

1. draw landmark north of Falls Ave within there somewhere
2. select all streets
3. hit Properties, change city to Niagara Falls
4. hit Apply
5. notice that all segments are now Niagara Falls, New York.
6. do not save.
invented

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts