[Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.33 Sept 2020

Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, Glodenox, JustinS83

Forum rules
Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

DO NOT START a new thread unless it is about a new idea. Keep discussion of existing tools within the main thread for that tool.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.0 Sep 2015

Postby bures » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:26 pm

bures wrote:There is a new yellow color (#f0ea58) on Primary roads at WME. Hue of yellow is more vivid and collide with "Filter by City (Yellow)" option inside the script. It is hard to find differences between marked segments and Primary roads. :?

Is there something new?
[ img ][ img ]
Jirka Bureš
bures
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: [Script] Highlights for Segments & Landmarks - v1.6 Feb

Postby bz2012 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:53 pm

How about an option to show by STATE?
REASON: there are many 'wrong state' segments in some areas of the USA.
If you 'accidently' include one of these segments in some work you are doing, you are unable to SAVE until you correct the STATE. It would be useful to see these at a glance so they can be fixed more easily.

By the way, THANKS for a wonderful tool!
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby bz2012 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:49 pm

qwaletee wrote:....
If the reversed direction is accurate, I suppose you could preserve the speed data by disconnecting the end and reconnecting to swapped positions. That would also preserve house numbers, though they might be reversed and need monkeying with.

If the data is completely bogus, you have to either delete it wor wait for it to get updated with legit data (which may never happen if some corrupts database entry is what is causing the bad speed data to begin with - so, yeah, delete it and recreate, but try to recreate house numbers if its is fully bogus).

I just did an experiment by reversing the street I live on. The house numbers were not effected.
Apparently the coordinates of the numbers are associated with the segment, NOT with the segment's position.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.8 Feb 2014

Postby bz2012 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:50 am

Good question. I see that in such a case, it would be a good idea to check and see where each 'number' "maps" onto the segment before disconnecting the segment so that the street nodes can be reset to their correct locations.
When I just 'disconnected both ends, move the segment out of place and then returned the segment to the correct location, I found the numbers in the correct locations still, but the street nodes had all migrated to one end of the segment.
As they had originally been on minimum distance perpendiculars from the marker at the end of the number, it was easy to replace them to their proper locations, but that is one 'clean up' that would be necessary.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.81 Mar 2014

Postby bz2012 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:30 pm

I was just thinking of something that would be nice:

Some kind of difficult to ignore WARNING when the number of pending 'saves' exceeds a [perhaps settable] alarm level.

For example if the whole 'search bar area' background were to turn red when pending saves exceeded 100.

Not sure which script this would be most easy to add to but Color Highlights or toolbox are two that come to mind.

Of course, this feature could be built into WME, but then so could a lot of the nice features that the fine scriptwriters have added.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Postby bz2012 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:18 pm

A recent WME update seemed to break something.
WME FC color highlights 0.6.2 (from greasy fork, installed via tampermonkey) seems to now conflict with WME toolbox 1.5.6
When WME FC color highlights is 'enabled' in tampermonkey, the 'Toolbox Highlight Layers' pop-up is empty.

Disabling WME FC colorhighlights 'fixes' the problem.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.98 Dec 2014

Postby bz2012 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:29 pm

If WME Color Highlights and URO+ are both active, the 'left column area' of WME blanks out and stays blank.

I don't know what the latest WME update 'broke' but it keeps me from using Color Highlights and URO+ at the same time. I must disable at least one of them.

EDIT: this problem has gone away, Thanks to whomever fixed it.
I want to mention another problem with Color Highlights:
When I select the 'Advanced Option: Recently Edited Green, the added overlay should be 'translucent' and allow other color options to show through (such as Toll(Dashed)).
It doesn't. :(
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.1 Nov 2015

Postby bz2012 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:27 am

How about check box and something similar to the dashed line for toll, only different looking, like 'dotted'?

And what happens if the tunnel is toll also?

Alternating dots and dashes?
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 2.1 Nov 2015

Postby bz2012 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:54 am

I am guessing that Waze needs to know if a road is in a tunnel so that the GPS tracking data doesn't end up being drawn across the landscape between the entrance and the exit, producing a 'flying Wazer' track similar to those that we sometimes see in areas with poor Cell Phone coverage.

I often see these in mountain areas where drivers seem to be skipping the hairpin turns and just driving straight down the mountain side.

Similar tracks are produced by Wazers traveling through tunnels.
Also, the Wazer's travel time through the tunnel and track can be drawn along the tunnel road route IF Waze knows that it is really a tunnel.

As an editor, I need to see when segments are properly tagged as toll and as tunnel, so I can fix the map when things are not correct.
Last edited by bz2012 on Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
State Manager, Louisiana
bz2012
Map Raider
Map Raider

Re: [Script] WME Color Highlights - 1.94 Oct 2014

Postby carloslaso » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:12 am

Timbones wrote:* Please try version 1.97...

Not Found
[ img ][ img ]
Coordinador de Comunidad en México / Foro MX / Waze Status
Supervisor Noroeste México

iPhone 11 Pro Max / iOS 14ß / Waze ß 4.x
carloslaso
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Addons, Extensions, and Scripts