Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Why can't you lock the map!? Any other program you can!!

Post by mik1urs
Why are you unable to lock the map into always north position??? You're able to push the button and it goes into north but 2 seconds later the map rotates on its own as to what direction you're heading it just mixes you up when you're so used to north always facing up but it seems there is no way to get the map to lock is there an option I'm missing? Because I know all the other nav systems you're able to lock it thanks for you're time...
mik1urs

POSTER_ID:4997715

Send a message
Last edited by dmcconachie on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please, for the love of all things sensible, stop using txt spk in the forum?

Post by advance512
A year later and the lock still does not exist.
advance512
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Known issue. You can lock it for a good amount of the time, but certain actions will cause it to unlock.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spil wrote:The 3.x versions (or at least Android 3.0, don't have iOS) appear to be able to keep the view in north-up indefinitely.
On iOS, it is better than before, but it still sometimes pops out of north-up.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by celian45
I'm using 3.1.1.0 on iPad with iOS 5. Is there any setting to keep the map always pointing north-up? Thanks!
celian45
Send a message

Post by mik1urs
Yes I am using iOS 3.1.0 for iPhone 4s... It locks for literally 3-6 seconds then it turns in the direction u drive... This is insanely annoying!!
mik1urs
Send a message

Post by rwattersjr
This problem persists on an iPad with iOS5 and Waze 3.1.0.0.
Almost anything will pop the map back to car direction = up. This includes a nudge from the accelerometer when you go around a corner. Most annoying!
rwattersjr
Send a message

Post by Spil
Are you using the most up-to-date version of the client? What you're describing (fast automatic switch out of north-up view) was the norm in the older 2.x versions. The 3.x versions (or at least Android 3.0, don't have iOS) appear to be able to keep the view in north-up indefinitely.
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png

Post by Spil
Waze Staff has communicated to the Champs that this issue is on the roadmap to be fixed in one of the next couple of releases, so hang in there a bit longer. ;)
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png