The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Converting gas station venues to landmarks [US]

Post by ohad-ron
On the night between Saturday and Sunday we will run a process that should connect all gas station venues in the US to their landmarks. This is a step in preparation to improve searching in gas stations and enabling gas stations in Canada.

We hope things will run smoothly, but one possible outcome is that some gas stations will accidently duplicate (where the automatic algorithm failed). This might require some editing... and be careful not to refuel in the duplicated gas stations :D

Let us know if you see any other unwanted side effects.
ohad-ron

POSTER_ID:12957716

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
How are editors/users to alert you to the duplicates? How does one identify which one should be removed?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Spil wrote:And as a follow-up to that -- what about gas stations on the NA server that aren't in the gas-prices update list?
It makes sense to follow that once the merge is done, the abilities to properly specify gas station details like brand, address, etc., just like the rest of the world, will follow. So those stations which have never existed in the app for updating will be able to be properly updated in the editor.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Continuing discussion on this topic and follow-on information has been moved into the United States forum thread.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Will we know when this process has completed? I'm not seeing any difference yet.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by Spil
And as a follow-up to that -- what about gas stations on the NA server that aren't in the gas-prices update list? The next village over from me (where I used to live) has an intersection with 4 stations near it; only three of those have ever been able to receive price updates in Waze, as the fourth never shows up in the list (even when you're sitting at its pumps).
Spil
Send a message
I'm Spil, and I approve this message! :D
~ ~ AM: Upstate NY; CM: USA/Canada ~ ~
Wazing the I-86 Corridor with my Casio C771 G'zOne Commando
New York Editors: To-Do List!
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/c/c8/W ... 00k_6c.png