Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by sketch
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
PhantomSoul wrote:...early "500 ft" problem ...
Yes, this bug has not been fixed yet. It is happening as you wrote, due to the code only looking at the 10ths digit: .19 miles and giving the 500ft prompt at that time.
Waze also currently fails to give you a voice prompt for the next turn after recalculating a route when that turn is less than ~500 ft away.

Is that because 0.1 mile is 528 feet, so Waze does not consider it? Seems to be the case. Does that mean it is fixed along with the 500 ft bug in the current beta?

I know it might be a little late for all this, but I'm currently out of the beta process (new phone) and I don't wanna forget this stuff by the time the next release's thread is up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by sketch
zexpe wrote:Now my commute to work along the motorway was very boring with the Waze client not showing me the labels of any surrounding objects; no road labels, no junction labels, no landmark labels. This makes Waze look like a very "unfinished" sat nav product compared to your competitors. I'm all for reducing map clutter, but there's lot of room to include useful labels such as junction numbers/names and the names of the roads they lead to, possibly the names of parallel routes and other large landmarks adjacent to the motorway such as parks. I learnt so much about the area surrounding my commute from glancing at the Waze map as I drove into work. This in turn encouraged me to add and label missing landmarks - now there is no incentive for me or other drivers to do this.
I agree that this is a pretty big problem. The map is really unnecessarily bare. Street names aren't so bad—we could stand to show a few more—but landmark names are almost never displayed. What's the point of putting landmarks on the map if we can't tell what they are?

Oddly, its only a problem on the 3D map. The 2D map has labels everywhere—maybe too many street labels, but it does very well with landmarks. The 3D map should be on the same level.

I don't remember seeing anything about the beta that was supposed to fix this, but let me know if I'm wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
sketch
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
ALL US EDITORS READ: New USA road type guidance
the guidance linked above is now almost a decade old, but the link gives me a laugh every time i see it, so it stays (:
assistant regional coordinator • south central region • usa
waze global champ • beta leader • and more • new orleans

bye bye fuelly badge! i'm an EV guy now!

Post by SkodaRunner
The new road-name-bubbles are great, but can you switch the background to transparent, so you can still see the map behind the bubble.
SkodaRunner
Send a message

Post by stickytree
Still no fix for auto day/night for Australia. Sunrise/set time is a pretty simple calculation for a known location and time.
S
stickytree
Send a message

Post by sued-18
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:General display bug/issue

I have seen this happen at this location every day for years, but never bothered to report it because it is minor. However, I don't understand how it happens.

The road segment in question is here: https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... s=40457442

In the app, when driving along this road, the personal indicator (arrow) has never tracked on the road itself. Never. Ever.

Now, with the new purple route road name indicators, I see that they too are offset from the road location. There is a lack of GPS arrows on that segment despite the fact that I and several other Wazers drive this street every day.

How is this happening?
Hi AlanofhteBerg, this purple road name indicator in your photo is what I mean when I said 'large road name sign'

For others, I have already 'reported' this in another thread, so I will copy my post here:

Downloaded the update/version 3.6 tonight. I found the large road name signs obscured my highlighted route.

It was ok tonight because I know my route home - I just use it to rack up points but if I am driving somewhere new, my highlighted route will be covered with the larger road sign, and I like to see my intended route before I get to it to ensure I know if I have to turn off the main road, for example, without having to brake suddenly.

Would be useful if we could switch these larger signs off, or have them tweaked so they don't obscure your route, that they place themselves elsewhere on the screen.

Thanks
sued-18
Send a message

Post by sued-18
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
sued-18 wrote:Hi AlanofhteBerg, this purple road name indicator in your photo is what I mean when I said 'large road name sign'
Ah, I see. Well, unfortunately, those signs are something which the majority of Wazers have wanted: a better way to see 1) the name of the road they are currently on, and 2) a better indicator of the next road they will be turning onto. The new name labels accomplish that. However, and this was brought up repeatedly in the beta testing, the manner in which these are displayed needs fixing. There are many examples of poor name placement in the beta testing threads. We hope that Waze will continue to refine this new feature.
Ah yes, I can see how they could be useful.

I will say, whilst writing, that the new tilted hazard/traffic pins are an excellent upgrade, much easier to see what side of the road it's on.

Thanks.
sued-18
Send a message

Post by TigPT
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/27/hy6asajy.jpg
Groups menu have old loading animation.

Sent using Tapatalk
TigPT
Send a message

Post by TigPT
App ask to connect with Facebook, I press to connect, change to Facebook app and when Facebook call back waze it crashes and quit app.

Sent using Tapatalk
TigPT
Send a message

Post by umopapisdn
iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.
i was hoping this would solve my problems, but to no avail. i uninstalled winterboard and it hung on a little longer but it eventually crashed back to springboard.

i had been running the latest beta (3.5.99.9) on iOS 6.1 and decided i wanted to update to 3.6.0. that's when the problem started. i tried safe mode, tried deleting and re-installing, i've tried downgrading to 3.5, re-loading 3.5.99.9, and now finally i'm back to 3.6. i've tried respringing, rebooting, hard-rebooting... i don't know what to do, and i need to travel in the next hour or so. reinstalling iOS is NOT an option right now.

Waze is the ONLY app i'm having this problem with. any new ideas?
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Central and Southern Indiana; LAM INDOT Vincennes District.
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/421565.png

Post by umopapisdn
umopapisdn wrote:
iJewJitsu wrote:For those of you with the crash on startup on jailbroken devices, I can confirm that after removing WinterBoard (and hence all themes and tweaks within) Waze is no longer crashing.
i was hoping this would solve my problems, but to no avail. i uninstalled winterboard and it hung on a little longer but it eventually crashed back to springboard.

i had been running the latest beta (3.5.99.9) on iOS 6.1 and decided i wanted to update to 3.6.0. that's when the problem started. i tried safe mode, tried deleting and re-installing, i've tried downgrading to 3.5, re-loading 3.5.99.9, and now finally i'm back to 3.6. i've tried respringing, rebooting, hard-rebooting... i don't know what to do, and i need to travel in the next hour or so. reinstalling iOS is NOT an option right now.

Waze is the ONLY app i'm having this problem with. any new ideas?
worthy to note: I'm still getting waze notifications in notification center. at some level, the app is functioning.
umopapisdn
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
--
umopapisdn
armchair cartographer
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Area Manager for most of Central and Southern Indiana; LAM INDOT Vincennes District.
https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/421565.png