If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

OPTION ON/OFF for "next instruction" purple label!!

Post by fabio656
hi!! im Fabio, im italian.
i want to say my disappoint for route labels. :(

take a look, this is a sample shot of Waze close to my home.
ive put a route from my house to train station...

LABELS COVER THE MAP ...COVER MANY STREETS and THE MAP BECOME CLOSE TO UNREDABLE :evil: :?

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/429/notallignedsk.jpg

if the zoom is more large than this shot, labels cover 80% of streets in horizon. :?

please, make a simple option to disable the label for people that dont like it.

thanks and scuse me for bad english. :)
fabio656

POSTER_ID:14903136

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The labels show, much more clearly than ever before on Waze, the street you are on and each street on your route. That was the first priority.

In the client feedback threads, Waze has repeatedly acknowledged that the placement and alignment of these still needs adjustment to be more useful.

An option to turn them off would be helpful, but I would not expect it any time soon. There are dozens of app options we've asked for a control over for years and haven't seen them.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
fabio656 wrote:i don't understand which problem there is to add, in the next waze upgrade, a very simple option to turn off/on the labels... :(
I would think so too, but history shows that app options do not appear very often. The last one added was for Toll Roads. Other than that, I don't think a configurable feature has been added since I started using Waze. There are dozens which we've requested. I don't think new features of the app are built with the ability for the user to turn them off, so re-coding later does take more time.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by fabio656
Take a look, today, for my job (taxi driver), i put a route ....
look, labels COVER all the map and COVER all the street in front of my position.... :? :? :? :?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6809/labelsw.jpg

please, make a simple option to turn ON/OFF this function. :!:

Who like it, put ON, who don't like it, put OFF.

thanks
fabio656
Send a message

Post by fabio656
The labels show, much more clearly than ever before on Waze, the street you are on and each street on your route.
yes, i'm sure, labels 8cm x 2cm show clearly the next street.... :)
next upgrade put labels 16cm x 4cm...so is even more clean that now, no problem if the map is completely covered from labels.. :D :?
In the client feedback threads, Waze has repeatedly acknowledged that the placement and alignment of these still needs adjustment to be more useful.

i'm sorry but i'm new of Waze, i never joined in this thread
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:An option to turn them off would be helpful, but I would not expect it any time soon.
i don't understand which problem there is to add, in the next waze upgrade, a very simple option to turn off/on the labels... :(
but, anyway...at least...for me is better if you reduce the size of the fonts (and labels).

thanks, fabio
fabio656
Send a message

fabio656
Send a message