Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Unlock request MN, Apple Valley

Post by AVdriver
I am a level 4 editor and area manger for these segments. Please unlock all roads for turn and direction correction.
https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&lat ... 1,71488700

Thank you, Adam.
AVdriver
Area Manager
Area Manager

POSTER_ID:10308319

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Level 4 editor and you aren't 1) at least using the forum called "unlock requests", and 2) not using the US-specific unlock/update requests forum? ;)
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AVdriver
Um, last time i checked editing and not posting is how to move up in editor levels.
AVdriver
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by AVdriver
gohamstergo wrote:
AVdriver wrote:Um, last time i checked editing and not posting is how to move up in editor levels.
Moving up in Level is NOT what Waze editing is about. If that is why you're here, then that is unfortunate. You should be here to contribute to the community and improve the app, the editor, the map, and the overall Waze experience for everyone.

I never said editor levels are my only goal. I am only stating that you don't need forum posts to level up. That being said, if you want to be a better editor, to "contribute to the community", you need to gain experience. With editing experience you gain levels. Part of Waze editing IS about leveling up. Otherwise points would not be calculated for editing.
AVdriver
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Well waze claims 70,000 editors. There's not more than a 1000 that have more than 7 posts on the forums.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
Well let me put my thoughts this way. We are not going to draw more people to forums unless we are bit more welcoming.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by hamster--
Lvl4 editor with only 7 posts? :(
hamster--
Send a message

Post by hamster--
AVdriver wrote:Um, last time i checked editing and not posting is how to move up in editor levels.
Moving up in Level is NOT what Waze editing is about. If that is why you're here, then that is unfortunate. You should be here to contribute to the community and improve the app, the editor, the map, and the overall Waze experience for everyone.
hamster--
Send a message

Post by karrows
I looked at the area and am concerned. I see you have edited it lately, so I am guessing you got it unlocked. There's a lot of no right turns out of the roundabout that don't seem right to me. It looks like once you are in the roundabout, north is the only allowed exit. doesn't seem right. I did not change anything.

And yea, ignore the forum trolls.
karrows
State Manager
State Manager
Send a message