Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
دولة الإمارات العربية المتحدة
Post by maqableh
Hello :-)

Count me in too.

Ali.
maqableh
Send a message

Post by od5na
Hi Everybody,
i'm very upset of those new guys just coming in and playing around the map and misplacing things
or trying to get points just by editing the map!
I have been working on Dubai map since almost 2 years, some areas are left as it's cause it's a temporary road the final path is not yet finished!
i've been working on the editor cartouche before the latest editor came out, which is more fun and easy to work with, but i'm frustrated cause many out there just don't know the logic that waze works and just wants to help, before i started editing i was in contact with the waze team asking help watching videos on how to, took me around 2 months to get things right on cartouche. What we need here is to organize our house.
I would appreciate if people stop tampering with the map and leave it to people more experienced,
If you have an issue just mark it and let the area manager take care of it, of no area manager is there I can assist in doing that.

od5na
Send a message

Post by od5na
Why i'm
writing this because someone deleted PALM ISLAND and i don't see why or what for ???
od5na
Send a message

Post by sadhad
I'm here :D

I have been using Waze (for Android) for sometime now but I still consider myself a noob

I would like to learn more about it so I can help in any way I can.
sadhad
Send a message

Post by shadilsha
Well Am New to Waze , its an amazing software to use (on my htc wildfire s) i live about in sharjah and have frequent visits to dubai & ajman mainly and other emirates not always but sometimes... i will be in touch for issues i encounter if any ... god bless all wazers....
shadilsha
Send a message

Post by springstone
Hi,

I drive a lot in the UAE, so cover most of it during a year... I'm also an area manager for the general Dubai area :)

Hello everyone :)

S
springstone
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
I've recently started using Waze and noticed that there is quite a lot of data in the maps which is useless/confusing. In the Al Quoz area every single junction was made up of three or more one-way streets. The intersections were even worse and looked like spaghetti. When driving using navigation I would be instructed to keep right whilst the turn should be a left turn and vice-versa.

As per the Waze map editor's wiki, data should be kept to a bare minimum, and even states that roads should not be split unless there are very specific reasons. I have made an attempt to correct some of the roads, but this seems to be a Dubai map wide issue.
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
Thanks Bazgrant. I have started making edits on areas that I know. For the most part what the maps need is for lots of data to be removed. In some areas every single green patch has been marked as a park even though it is just a roundabout.
bazgrant wrote:Now that you have driven the road you can edit it and fix it (please make sure to follow the editing guidelines in the wiki first) - a little bit from a lot of people makes a huge difference :)
Jip, I've read the guidelines and I suppose that is where some of my frustration with the maps come from - someone else didn't read it and just added what the area looks like instead of how the road works.
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
After spending the last few days cleaning up an area and removing all the sphaghetti junctions, multiple tiny one-way segments at what is supposed to be T-junctions etc, someone went and put it all back again. :evil:

Don't really feel like chasing a moving target. :cry:
TheOtherNeo
Send a message

Post by TheOtherNeo
Al Qouz, Dubai. The particular road is Latifa Bint Hamdan street.

I cleaned the area because I kept on getting prompts to "keep right" when I'm supposed to turn left and other misguided directions.
TheOtherNeo
Send a message