These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Bluetooth sound to car audio

Post by
Is it possible to have Waze send audio navigation by bluetooth to car audio the way Google Maps does it on iOS now? I believe there one can turn on bluetooth under sound settings, but I have to change my car audio input to bluetooth. I would like to listen to radio and have the phone interrupt radio when instructions are given, the way Google Maps does it. If this is impossible, is there a place where this can be requested? Thanks!

POSTER_ID:1713756

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Turn on the prefer Bluetooth setting in Waze. That works for me.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There's a difference between bluetooth streaming (no interrupting available) and the other, which is like "headset mode" which can interrupt whatever the car stereo is doing.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by anonimoUsuario
After the waze app connection with the Spotify, if the waze is open you cannot play the spotify musict through the bluetooth, only if you play thru the waze app, if you go direct to the spotify app, it doesn't let you play thru the blueetooth, same happens with the deezer app, you have to kill the waze app in order to play the music thru the bluetooth in the car. I
anonimoUsuario
Send a message

Post by BeachSunday
problem 3.0.1 Sound not redirected to bluetooth device even if "Always play sound to speaker" is "off" previously reported as iPhone 4 problem is also happening on the iPhone 5. Also waiving to get voice activation is not working at all. I've tried so many times to waive and/or tap and nothing gets the voice activation started. :cry:
BeachSunday
Send a message

Post by bobmeister9
I know this thread has been dormant for some months, but this does seem like an issue for Android users. You can get the waze sounds on your car speakers via bluetooth only if you have everything set to stream music from the phone to the car stereo. If you have the radio playing, you're not going to get any waze sounds. Any update waze developers?
bobmeister9
Send a message

Post by catastrofee
bobmeister9 wrote:I know this thread has been dormant for some months, but this does seem like an issue for Android users. You can get the waze sounds on your car speakers via bluetooth only if you have everything set to stream music from the phone to the car stereo. If you have the radio playing, you're not going to get any waze sounds. Any update waze developers?
Tagging along. I tried the Audio BT app thinking it would allow voice to play when listening to my radio, but it doesn't work with Chrysler's UConnect system. The only way I can receive voice prompts is when streaming from my phone via BT. Bummer. . .
catastrofee
Send a message

Post by caymaninct
I have an iPhone 4 and Bluetooth works great, exactly like what you are looking for. There is a setting to play via Bluetooth. As long as your phone and car radio are synced it should work.
caymaninct
Send a message

Post by cbalaban
I am having exactly the same problem as Dalia_ reporting above. Only since the Aug 28 update. Waze audio has always over-ridden the radio in my Chrysler 300 Bluetooth sound system. Now I get nothing out of Waze through the car. Clearly something changed in the update and I wish I never did the update. I hope the product developers take note. We need some help here. I love Waze.
cbalaban
Send a message

Post by cbalaban
To Dalia_ and the moderators re the change in Bluetooth audio after the update: before the update Waze audio played over the radio, or when the radi was off. It even played over phone calls. I learned while researching the issue that I could select the media player in my car and play music from my iPhone over my car system. What I learned tonight is that Waze has not gone silent, but it only speaks directions when the media player is active! I'm not technical enough to say exactly why, but that is what changed in the update and it is a BAD THING! Waze should not need the media player on because then it is impossible to use Waze navigation and listen to broadcast or satellite radio at the same time. I hope this was an accidental change and respectfully ask that the developers look into this and rectify it in a bug fix soon. Thank you.
cbalaban
Send a message

Post by Dalia_
I have an iPhone 5 with the latest OS update and am having the same problem. Waze worked flawlessly via bluetooth before latest Waze update. I've uninstalled and re-installed but it just won't work. At first I thought it might be the phone but music plays and phone calls received and made all work via bluetooth.
Dalia_
Send a message