Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Rebooting Motorola Defy XT (Dual Band) with Android 2.3.7

Post by Travelingbllk
Hello, Everyone

I have a Motorola Defy XT (dual Band) with Gingerbread 2.3.7. I am having a problem where my phone seems to reboot several times while using WAZE (whether exclusively running or with other apps). I was wondering if there is a known issue with this combination of hardware and OS? I will also add that this phone is provided by Republic Wireless. Their Kernel version is Apps_2.6.38.6-perf.

Any ideas? I really like your product and would hate to have to give up on it because of this rebooting issue.

Regards...
Travelingbllk

POSTER_ID:4742515

Send a message

Post by inquiw
I have exactly the same issue and was looking for answers with no luck.
My phone would hang/reboot randomly when running Waze (more often) as well as Google Navigation (less often).
I think this started shortly after the OTA update in January.
I tried removing apps, changing settings, etc, etc. - nothing helped.
This week I finally did a factory reset and... a clean phone with Waze and several other apps crashed when using Waze again :(
I've noticed, that right before the phone resets itself, Waze was saying "No GPS Signal..."
Since in my case the phone would crash with both Waze and Google Navigation, I would assume that the issue is with the phone OS/hardware... and since I did not have ANY issues in the first 1-2 month with navigation and crashes, the issue may be related to the January OTA.

All these are just thoughts. I'm still not able to reliably reproduce the problem. And when it comes, it comes when I need it the least - when I drive and need further navigation instructions...
inquiw
Send a message