Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Lost over 20K points and gained additional future drive

Post by failsafe
Below is a copy of my dashboard. You'll notice my rank dropped by 39 last night, which is oddm because I did enough editing to hold my place or move up a few. I also lost over 20,000 points, but my number of edits number seems to be correct.
Dashboard.jpg
My Dashboard
(37.98 KiB) Downloaded 2528 times
I also noticed an additional drive from the year 2149, 136 years in the future. Previously, I had two. Now there are three.
Drives.jpg
My drives
(25.03 KiB) Downloaded 2528 times
I've reported this to support, but wonder if anyone has seen something like this before? My experience working in technology tells me that there's likely some kind of corruption in the database, but couldn't find many instances of points that actually disappeared in the forum or future drives; none with resolutions.

I am on the US server using www and have never earned any points on the world server. The drop in rank shown in the picture testifies to points that actually went missing.

I don't care about the points; I do about the edit count. If others have had my problems, I'd like to know what success there was in addressing it through the support link.

Please do not reply to this thread and take it off-topic if you're a new editor who hasn't had their points show up. :) Thanks.
failsafe

POSTER_ID:7636618

Send a message
Former Area manager: Chicago Metro Area, Kenosha, and Saint Louis
https://wazeopedia.waze.com/wiki/Colomb ... -A-E-4.gif

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You need to not compare the app to the website. That will get you nowhere. They are almost always different. Using your posted screenshots in this thread from the website, your points have been continuing to increase.

Now, why such a large difference between the website and the app is what is the real question. I know they differ, but that is quite a lot of difference.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:However, the issue was that the dashboard said 76,000 points before.
First post about this from this user actually says both dashboard and app said '77000' points at one point. But I'm going by the evidence of the screenshots...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
meerachowdary wrote:Even couple of my frnds which I know locally here are facing the same issue with points but they just dont want to report as they are not so serious about gaining their points.
Why? What do they get with these points? The purpose of crowdsourcing is for the crowd to provide the info for the crowd for the good of the crowd.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Well, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it. It just make take a while longer than you'd like. And I'm more than a little curious as to what could explain what's happened, too. It may help answer future questions.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Are both of you sure you are matching Dashboard to Dashboard (or App to App) & not Dashboard to WME or Dashboard to App? There has been a long standing difference between the various places points are displayed and it's critical to be looking in the same place each time when making comparisons.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by failsafe
Andy, I am positive. That's why I'm pointing to the drop in national rank of 39 positions. There is still a disparity of 3,000 points or so from what's showing in the dashboard but it was closer to 25,000 yesterday.
failsafe
Send a message

Post by failsafe
So, nobody has anything? I go from what should have been over 240,000 points down to 218,000, gained an extra phantom future drive, backed up by meerachowdary, got no response to my link to support, and here I am wondering if my account record has any corruption. Nobody's seen this before? Anyone? Bueller?
failsafe
Send a message

Post by failsafe
A piece of data that might or might not mean something. I just started my second week of high-scoring user in the state (gold mood) and it was a carry-over, since the avatars didn't reset from the previous week. I might be down the amount of points I accumulated in the week that just ended. I'm not sure, I really don't track things like that, but it's something to look at.

It would't explain my additional future drive or meerachowdary losing points before the week ending though, unless I lost some earlier and didn't notice. Still, it might be germane to the admins, since they're in communication with you.
failsafe
Send a message

Post by failsafe
Well, writing support did no good. Ron there thought I was talking about ranks in the app.

"Thank you for your email,

The scoreboard rank is changes all the time, it depends on other users who gain points:

To reach king level, you have to be in a certain top % of all wazers in your locality (in the US, this is determined by state).

The top % is calculated once a month, and if more and more wazers get points, it's possible that the total amount needed to reach shield / sword / crown will actually go up.
While it could be frustrating, it helps us guarantee that no one gets the 'royalty' level for good - it always gives a chance for new wazers to come along and get it."

He also went on to suggest maybe other wazers gained more points and I just dropped down.

Thanks for being the go-between, Jason, and passing on that my concerns were not about how my mood appears in the app, or even how many points I have, rather that the sudden change indicated some kind of problem, either an ongoing one that corrected itself, or a problem where things just went poof.

To that end, I haven't heard much either way, or done much editing, and don't plan to until this is resolved. I learned a long time ago not to work with a tool that might be broken.
failsafe
Send a message