Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
davipt wrote:
foxitrot wrote:Humorously (or sadly), I'm just allowed to cut off any of the green arrows, which could lead me out of my segment :roll:
I did that myself. Locked myself at home, couldn't get a route out of the parking :mrgreen:
Experienced this too :-D
While testing it some time ago, on a one-way segment, I've been navigated against its direction. Afterwards - got stuck as well :-)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Could please someone post a client screenshot of a successfully blocked road (if it is visually marked at all), or point me to one?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Thanks.
Just... is it your view of the segment after reporting its closure, or does everyone see the closure this way after it being accepted by the servers?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
fvwazing wrote:It should be possible to deduct closures from drivingpatterns, from the deviation of the proposed route.
The drives' analyzer already does this, doesn't it? (Just the result - an MP - appears with a couple of months' delay :P)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
I'd rephrase it: The existing, misnamed, Turn Closure tool occasionally does allow you to block some turn, but mostly it does not offer any useful one (because of your position). But we still need a Road Closure tool to be implemented. Devs?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Unfortunately this half-baked functionality often does not make much sense :-|
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
fvwazing wrote:But as soon as a Wazer leaves the proposed route a dialog could pop up (at the same moment the recalculation kicks in) asking if the deviation is a) caused by a closure b) caused by buildup of traffic ahead c) because of a maperror ...
I actually do remember having seen such dialog popping up, some year ago, when I've left the proposed route (because of traffic ahead). Around the time the closures were being introduced? Maybe Waze was thinking of it, then they abandoned the concept?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Caradellino wrote:...maybe we get some movement into the story... ;)
I doubt.

Anyway, any movement would be gladly welcome. Otherwise RC will indefinitely remain as yet another functionality solely for PR purposes.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Caradellino wrote:... if just a single Wazer going over THE WHOLE closed segment would reset the closure, therefore allmost imediately clearing any false reports...
IIIRC it already is and was so. Even a traffic, detected in the opposite direction, is said to immediately clear the closures in "my direction".

Sent from a touch display, which took care of perfectly scrambling my thoughts.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Excellent, I'm eager to see the results. And any movement forward.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message