Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

changing kilometers to miles

Post by cruisinart
This is driving me nuts! I log in to My Dashboard, making sure it is set to imperial...
Then I go to update maps,... My drives,... and all I see is Kilometers!
I try to change it to imperial, but it just wont keep my settings....
What am I doing wrong?
cruisinart

POSTER_ID:4841760

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This has come up recently (again) in another thread and we've asked Waze to look into it. The Dashboard control for Imperial or Metric doesn't currently have effect over the Map Editor units display. We've asked if it could.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The answer from the map editor lead is that it is supposed to reflect the units of the country current displayed on the map. Well, I can say that this isn't always the case, but mine has been quite consistent lately. It may be worth 1) pointing your map editor to a specific city in your country, 2) close Waze windows, 3) delete all Waze cookies from your browser, then 4) logging into the editor again from a fresh URL. The basic empty one is the best: http://www.waze.com/editor
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
The editor product manager has stated they will work on fixing this to be reliable. Unsure how or when, though. It could sneak in a couple of weeks or not for months.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cruisinart
Yes, this is the only place I can print my mileage out for my company, & I hate to give our department responsible for this my mileage in Kilometers! Rarely I can get it to switch, but it really should not be such a time consuming problem. If it is indeed, an option,.....it should easily switch from one to another.
cruisinart
Send a message

Post by cruisinart
Yes, this really sucks! I can not get this to change!
I even went home to my personal computer which has never had Waze on it, and I get the same results.
I really need this to work without having to jump through hoops, and listen for all the different bells and whistles.
For crying out loud,... Just hit the imperial button, and print the report in MIles!
I even tried all your suggestions after my failed home attempt and still get kilometers!
Arrrgh!
I seriously wonder if this is a problem in Google for some reason....
I really appreciate your efforts to help in this matter AlanOfTheBerg.
cruisinart
Send a message