Discussion for the unofficial, community-developed addons, extensions and scripts built for the Waze Map Editor.

The official index of these tools is the Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools wiki page.
Post by CrackedLCD
There was a story last week saying Google was going to restrict all scripts to the ones in the Chrome store only. I figured developers all knew that...

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Has Waze broken this script again? I'm going on three days with it not loading. I even deleted and reinstalled it from the chrome store with no luck. Other scripts are working fine.

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
daknife wrote:If not the current Version of Chrome, why not? It should be auto updating as frequently as they update versions.

Tapatalking via my Galaxy S4
I think the version is 35,but I'm not at home to check for sure.

Chrome started saying last week that I would not be getting any more updates because Google is no longer supporting my hardware. They're dropping support for processors that don't have sse2 or better, but I don't see why that would affect any scripts.

Disabling and re enabling the color highlighter script fixed my problem, but now the WME toolbox one won't come back! D'oh.

CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
I can attest that place highlights slow things down, but in my experience it's true of the places feature being turned on, on the base map, not just in the script. Back in the days when I was editing on a very old, very slow computer, I always left places off both the base and highlights script except when I needed them, because it was so bad. Now I have a much faster, newer desktop, but I still keep it off because even here it's a noticeable difference. I don't see any way the script could be optimized to make performance better, but then I'm not a programmer. ;)
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
It seems the latest prod WME and this script aren't getting along anymore. Having this script enabled causes the sidebar to be empty, and then floods the console.

I'm presuming it's this one anyway, as upon disabling it the problem is fixed. Of course it could also be another script having a knock-on effect, so if anyone knows for sure then let me know!
Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by Craig24x7
russblau wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:18 pm
Craig24x7 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:59 am It seems the latest prod WME and this script aren't getting along anymore. Having this script enabled causes the sidebar to be empty, and then floods the console.

I'm presuming it's this one anyway, as upon disabling it the problem is fixed. Of course it could also be another script having a knock-on effect, so if anyone knows for sure then let me know!

I'm not having this issue. PIE is causing a lot of problems under the current Prod version. Try disabling PIE and see if that solves your WMECH issue.

Interesting.. I don't use PIE, so it seems there's something else not playing ball that's affecting this script. I guess it's time to try some combinations..

Thanks!
Craig24x7
Waze Mentor
Waze Mentor
Answers: 2
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
Fredo-p wrote:Has it been requested to have the option to highlight railroads?
It kind of does. If you enable the highlight places option, a grey dashed line appears on railroads
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
It's always been like that. It could be that it's just restricted to L3 or AM (not both) and you recently had a managed area that was removed. Have you participated in any map raids recently?
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by crazycaveman
It is included for non AMs, as long as they are at least rank 3. I don't know the specific reasoning behind it, but it's similar to validator restricting its similar feature to only rank 5 and CM (not or)
crazycaveman
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message

Post by ct13
SuperDave1426 wrote:
Taco909 wrote:I'm not sure that Validator is catching Revcons.
Ok, I'm putting on my stupid hat now. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smil ... /dunce.gif :D

But what the heck is a "Revcon?" I've seen the term bandied about, but I just can't figure out the meaning (beyond a really vague idea) from seeing it used. So, I give up. :lol: What does the term mean, at least within the context of Waze?
RevCons
Basically they are unneeded turns that have been allowed on one way streets. It usually happens when a two way street is converted to a one way, or when you switch directions on a one way street.
(I posted a link before Dave!)
ct13
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message