Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by meerachowdary
Thank you and Yes I know on how they calculate the points. But how could it be possible that my points are 76000 on April 19th when I reported this issue and even now I get the same points 76000. On April 19th my points are 76000 and on April 20th they dropped down to 65000. After this I got 1500 points atleast which showed on my dashboard area. Please refer to attached.
Waze_0429.JPG
(31.56 KiB) Downloaded 1231 times
In the dashboard my old points are not updated yet but they are updated in my iPhone. Please refer to attached.
photo.PNG
(110.71 KiB) Downloaded 1232 times
The dashboard shows approx 67000 points which says an increase from 65000 to 67000 for the alerts and gas prices I did from April 19th till April 26th. I have approx 2000 points more which needs to be added.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
I am sorry. I did put approximate points which was between 76000 and 77000. Since I dont ahve the screen shots I forgot exact number but I know definitely between 76000 and 77000. I am so sorry that I dont have correct evidence which I did not think that waze database is so instable and we have to keep remembering or making a note of my points. If I would have known that I would have made a list of points. If this is the case may be I should stop reporting any alerts or gas prices or stop using waze. Even couple of my frnds which I know locally here are facing the same issue with points but they just dont want to report as they are not so serious about gaining their points.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
Yes its all about driving and I dont do or never did any edits. If I have any edits I only report to Andy and he does those like the recent ones which I told him are incorrect directions and incorrect addresses. I drive 2 hours to work and hence I report all the various traffic jams and gas prices. All the points I lost are through driving. which I lost close to 9000 points which I did report here last week.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
There is nothing we get out of points. But I drive through a very high traffic area and hence try to help other wazers with traffic alerts which I found useful. Later got interest in those points as well. Anyways I think I need to be less bothered about points even though I loose or gain.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
I got back all my points. Waze team responded telling that the gas prices which I reported went back to 0 on April 20 and hence those points did not show up and their development team took care of this. But there is a huge difference between the app and dashboard which I told them this was not like this previously.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
The dashboard score only shows approx 67000 points as of today. So does that mean that I lost all my points because on April 19th my points were anywhere between 76000 and 77000.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
I got back all of them only on the app. Not on the dashboard. But you mentioned that the "only true representation of your score is on the dashboard on the website". I was confused by this. Does that mean the points which I got back on the app are not true since the dashboard area says as approx 67000.
meerachowdary
Send a message

meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
Yes Waze Team responded to me. They said they added the points manually. I told them those are lot of points which I should not be having. I told them that I ahve atleast 7000 points extra. They said there is a bug and theya re going to fix it in which there is no ETA on it. So I should wait until they fix it. I think thats the reason when I am updating gas prices for 2 gas stations near my house it did not let me update. May be this is all related to this issue.
meerachowdary
Send a message

Post by meerachowdary
Oh thats good. Can I know if your dashboard area has the updated points. It does not show my updated points on the dashboard. Waze team said there is a bug and they are going to fix it. Hence wanted to know if they fixed it for you.
meerachowdary
Send a message